Sign in to follow this  
anthonyrmatthews

36C Scare!

I have seen illegal activity in all of the units. Especially in December make sure you don't put in for those hunts so I can go back after a very scary encounter with the drug smugglers and hunt during the rut. It could be very dangerous for you to hunt here so don't put in for these hunts.

Not sure what you are saying here?

he's telling ya to not put in for dec hunts and I agree with him, those drug runners are in hot pursuit in December, I've taken 12 bullets from them already, one of em almost took my life, very very dangerous hunting in December in the border units, my health insurance won't accept me anymore because of it

very very dangerous hunting in December

Two years ago in 36B I feel like I was 'spied on" much like the person who posted his story about an older man in an orange vest posing as a hunter.

I was glassing in 36B alone when I spotted two guys with guns hiking the foothill perimeter of the area. After a while they got to my area and were headed towards ruining my hunt, so I decided to stand up and greet them to see what was up. When they got to me I saw they had walkie-talkies and two of the sorriest looking guns I had ever seen - one with iron sights only and the other with a clothesline attached to the lever action for a strap.

They asked "have you seen any"? I said "no, only does". He looked confused and said "you mean not very big"? I repeated "no, only does", and he asked "what is does"? :unsure:

Soon after they left I could hear them chattering on the walkie talkies as they headed toward the couple who were weekend tent camping nearby.

I hunted 36B again this year.

I won't hunt down there BC I don't trust myself. I would shoot them, and I think Americans should be rewarded for shooting them. The smuglers I mean. They would throw my azz in jail. Until our BS PC politicians change their tone, I'm not going.