Sign in to follow this  
452b264

Nosler LRAB

LRAB field testing

2017-watched my buddy (Floss) drop a big Muley with one shot using the 168gr LRAB, at 702 yards from his 7MM Sendero. He swears by them.

2018-watched him drop a Coues with one shot using the same setup at 370 yards.

2018-I dropped a Coues using the 160gr AB (non-long range) with one shot at 400 yards.  Complete pass through taking out both liver and heart.  My Tikka 7MM shoots awesome groups with it so I went with it.  My 2019 plans are to put some more work into the 168's to see if I can find something my barrel likes.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 1:51 PM, recurveman said:

Been shooting the 142 grain 6.5MM bullets out of my 6.5 X 284.   Probably put 100 bullets down range so far.  Shot a mule deer in CO this fall at about 100 yards.   BANG FLOP.   Performed very well.   In through the lungs and out the back shoulder with an exit wound that was substantial.   I would say the results were very similar to a Nosler ballistictip.   Did load development the last few weekends at 500 yards and kept a pretty good water line in some 10-15 MPH winds.   Shot H4350 down the tube and my speeds were really consistent depending on the load.   I don't have it dialed in yet but I feel confident that the bullet will be plenty accurate and perform well on critters.   

A friend used the 142 LRAB  in a 6.5 Creedmoor to harvest a very large cow elk this year with excellent results. He said the cow didn't go 30 yards.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:37 AM, Lazy-H98 said:

LRAB field testing

2017-watched my buddy (Floss) drop a big Muley with one shot using the 168gr LRAB, at 702 yards from his 7MM Sendero. He swears by them.

2018-watched him drop a Coues with one shot using the same setup at 370 yards.

2018-I dropped a Coues using the 160gr AB (non-long range) with one shot at 400 yards.  Complete pass through taking out both liver and heart.  My Tikka 7MM shoots awesome groups with it so I went with it.  My 2019 plans are to put some more work into the 168's to see if I can find something my barrel likes.

Also need to add-

2018-I dropped an age class Muley with my 160gr AB (non-long range) load with one shot at 416 yards.  These things are lethal. 

• Like 1

I shoot the 129 gr out of my 6.5-06 and they shoot one ragged hole.  I shot a 2 inch group with them at 630 a month or so ago.  We killed two cow elk, an antelope, and a Barbary with them all at closer ranges 80-250 yards.  Bullets have a performed well.  At close ranges they were about 50-60% retention (a couple were 75-80%) with front half on bullet fragments and rear half staying together under off side hide.  I really like them.  Will be shooting the 168 in my 280AI I'm building this year too.

• Like 1