DesertBull

What did you apply for?

I think I will just buy a over the counter elk tag.This way I will not be to upset when I do not get drawn for a bull tag.(Yes that is some sarcasm in my voice)Guess what people do not like the bonus point system ? The people who are unlucky like me.I have put in for 35 years and have had four bull tags and one cow tag.I finally got tired of not getting drawn and put in for a cow tag on my second choice.NOW SOME OF YOU MIGHT BE THINKING HE JUST PUTS IN FOR THE REALLY HARD DRAWS.I HAVE NEVER PUT IN FOR A RUT RIFLE HUNT OR ANY OF THE HARD ARCHERY UNITS LIKE 9 OR 10.I AM A THIRD GENERATION NATIVE AND MY DAD HAS HAD AS BAD AS LUCK AS ME.Years ago when they came up with the bonus point system,my dads friends tried to get the game and fish to do a preference system and they came up with the lame excuse of It would be to hard to keep track in the computer.There are only two reasons why they will not do it.One is they could not give some people tags without getting caught and the other is the money they would lose from application fees.I know we have all had this talk before,but I can not help but think about it around this time of the year.

I think I will just buy a over the counter elk tag.This way I will not be to upset when I do not get drawn for a bull tag.(Yes that is some sarcasm in my voice)Guess what people do not like the bonus point system ? The people who are unlucky like me.I have put in for 35 years and have had four bull tags and one cow tag.I finally got tired of not getting drawn and put in for a cow tag on my second choice.NOW SOME OF YOU MIGHT BE THINKING HE JUST PUTS IN FOR THE REALLY HARD DRAWS.I HAVE NEVER PUT IN FOR A RUT RIFLE HUNT OR ANY OF THE HARD ARCHERY UNITS LIKE 9 OR 10.I AM A THIRD GENERATION NATIVE AND MY DAD HAS HAD AS BAD AS LUCK AS ME.Years ago when they came up with the bonus point system,my dads friends tried to get the game and fish to do a preference system and they came up with the lame excuse of It would be to hard to keep track in the computer.There are only two reasons why they will not do it.One is they could not give some people tags without getting caught and the other is the money they would lose from application fees.I know we have all had this talk before,but I can not help but think about it around this time of the year.

Noel, I with you! I am also 35 and 3 generation, I have had only "2" bull tags and my dad only 1 bull tag he has finnally given up with over 20 years in the draw system. :(

elk: GMU 10 Archery Bull & GMU 8 Archery Bull

pronghorn: GMU 10 Rifle & GMU 8 Muzzleloader

It's going to be tough to pull a tag out of that line up!

I am one of the dumb superstitious ones that keeps them to myself.

Well.......whatever you do works, so don't change a thing.......you lucky son-of-a-gun ;)