Baboltin

Swarovski 10x42 question + vortex 15x50

At some point, after 95/100 guys swear on their lives that the Swaros are "worth the money" and insanely better than Vortex or any sub #$1500 bino, you'd think a rational guy would tend to believe the hype. The guys that tend to think Swaros arent that nice or worth the money also believe their Meopta's or Vortex Razor HDs are "close" to Swaros in performace. Ill just lay this out there....Those guys dont have the luxury to think Swaro's are that good...aka they cant afford them. BUT most of those guys would also respond "I can easily afford that, I just dont want to over pay for Bino's when mine are just as good"---Bro, your broke! Thats why you dont have them. NOBODY EVER bought Swaros and then sold them to buy Vortex or Meopta because they thought they were as good, better or even close to Swaro's. NOW, there is an argument to be had if the comparison is Leica or High end Zeiss... but still we are talking similar prices as Swaro so that kicks those guys out of that conversation also. I respect the guy that cant afford the Swaro's and rocks Vortex or Meo's and is saving $$ for that good glass, I do. But to act like they are as good just tells me you haven't sat behind a pair for any amount of time. 

Sad but true... 

OP...BUY SOME IF YOU CAN! THANK US ALL LATER!

Come on, let all the Vortex, Meopta, Nikon and Bushy HATERS come at me for spittin the truth!! Lets hear it....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, recurveman said:

Problem being you will never have enough money to get the best gear.   There literally is just to much gear.   Trailers, trucks, UTV's, custom rifles, bino's, spotting scopes, tripods, packs, reloading equipment, boots, packs, game cameras, stands, ground blinds............Now that is just hunting.   Let's not forget about fishing too!!!!!!!  

There have been a ton of great elk, deer, ect. killed with a $300 rifle a set of 10X50 bushnell bino's while sleeping out of the bed of the pick up truck.    Gear is cool but spending time in the woods will kill more critters than great gear.   Gear just makes it more comfortable at times.   

I agree that’s why every year I normally pick one item and upgrade it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, azdbllung said:

At some point, after 95/100 guys swear on their lives that the Swaros are "worth the money" and insanely better than Vortex or any sub #$1500 bino, you'd think a rational guy would tend to believe the hype. The guys that tend to think Swaros arent that nice or worth the money also believe their Meopta's or Vortex Razor HDs are "close" to Swaros in performace. Ill just lay this out there....Those guys dont have the luxury to think Swaro's are that good...aka they cant afford them. BUT most of those guys would also respond "I can easily afford that, I just dont want to over pay for Bino's when mine are just as good"---Bro, your broke! Thats why you dont have them. NOBODY EVER bought Swaros and then sold them to buy Vortex or Meopta because they thought they were as good, better or even close to Swaro's. NOW, there is an argument to be had if the comparison is Leica or High end Zeiss... but still we are talking similar prices as Swaro so that kicks those guys out of that conversation also. I respect the guy that cant afford the Swaro's and rocks Vortex or Meo's and is saving $$ for that good glass, I do. But to act like they are as good just tells me you haven't sat behind a pair for any amount of time. 

Sad but true... 

Come on, let all the Vortex, Meopta, Nikon and Bushy HATERS come at me for spittin the truth!! Lets hear it....

I agree with this fully and have witnessed the difference in glass between my Swarovski spotter and vortex and will continue to slowly but surely upgrade to what I consider the best glass on the market and that’s why I made the choice to try and upgrade this year from my vortex to Swarovski binos. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Baboltin said:

I agree with this fully and have witnessed the difference in glass between my Swarovski spotter and vortex and will continue to slowly but surely upgrade to what I consider the best glass on the market and that’s why I made the choice to try and upgrade this year from my vortex to Swarovski binos. 

Sweet!

42 minutes ago, azdbllung said:

Sweet!

Started this post to try and figure out what people suggested as far as if the el were worth the extra money over the slc and what magnification people would suggest and I have decided so far to save for the 12x50 el 

• Like 1

On 12/30/2018 at 6:37 AM, Tj_G91 said:

I believe the EL versions are worth every cent over the SLC version. I wouldnt trade my 12x50 El's for a pair of 15 HD's at all. That is just my opinion, but I think the El's are in a class of their own

I agree 100% with this. You can pry my 12x50s, and my 28 nosler from my cold, dead hands!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, azdbllung said:

Sad but true... 

Let's not forget the

"But the warranty, bro" guys.

I recently read on facebook, TWO separate guys who said their Vortex spotting scopes literally split in two.... Both guys said that they would buy them again.

If that's not drinking the warranty Kool aid, I don't know what is.

• Like 1