Sign in to follow this  
cgmartin

Decent weekend

Well we had a decent weekend even with Fridays weather. We called in 2 fox and 16 coyotes. I got to hunt with some new friends and a old one. Any of you that are considering ever coming to a PM hunt should really try and make it, they are all a bunch of great guys and everyone has a great time. I got to help a new guy from New Jersey get his first coyote and it was pretty exciting for him seeing all the animals coming to the call.

Here are a few pics.

100_1702.jpg

100_1703.jpg

100_1704.jpg

looks like you had more than a decent weekend. thats amazing, 16 yotes. One day or the whole weekend? You are using the foxpro i see also, gotta love those. What sound works the best for you on that thing. i just bought one and am going to try it this weekend. Keep slaying those egg suckers.

I used to trap in the 80's when the price was high.I have heard that bobcats are at about $250 for a good one.Does anybody know what yotes are going for ?

Noel

Noel

I also trapped in the 80's as well, this year so far we have been shipping everything to NAFA and have gotten between $12.50 to $55.00 for Coyotes and as high as $550.00 for Bobcats and thats for southern Arizona animals. When I say southern Arizona thats nothing north of I-10.

AzTrapper

Nice work Clint ;) I took the new Foxpro out this weekend and got skunked <_< I had to go to an area i knew nothing about as a buddy decided he wanted to tag along, but didn't have much time. But the desert around Vegas sucks anyways. You guys around Phoenix don't know how good you have it. (I lived there for 13 years.) Anybody knows any good spots close to Vegas they don't mind sharing, help me out. (insert pathetic pouty-faced smiley here)

Are the animals south of I-10 more valuable?

Perhaps different colors of the pelts?

As you can see I know nothing about predator hunting. It is something I would like to try.

:ph34r:

no, they aren't, usually the higher the elevation the nicer the fur.

i believe he put that in there to prove a point about the prices being decent.

Clint

Are the animals south of I-10 more valuable?

Perhaps different colors of the pelts?

As you can see I know nothing about predator hunting. It is something I would like to try.

:ph34r:

From my years of trapping we found coyote colors were influanced by terrain as much as anything. We trapped as far north as colorado and as far south as the border. Color has a lot to do with prices, the reds are almost worthless as are the ones with blad spots on thier bellies. So far this year the "blue back" cats are the ones bringing the higher prices.

AzTrapper