Sign in to follow this  
ihunt

anyone heard anything near this?

I talked to a guy this evening who lives in maricopa, who says he's been selling fur to a guy in mesa. he shoots a dog, skins it, fleshes it, rolls it, freezes it, and passes it on to the guy in mesa who stretches them and sells them, he swears he's getting $100 per coyote and fox. i don't know much about it, but it smells like bs to me. what do you guys think? but the thing is, he's not really one to tell stories. i don't know.

j

I talked to a guy this evening who lives in maricopa, who says he's been selling fur to a guy in mesa. he shoots a dog, skins it, fleshes it, rolls it, freezes it, and passes it on to the guy in mesa who stretches them and sells them, he swears he's getting $100 per coyote and fox. i don't know much about it, but it smells like bs to me. what do you guys think? but the thing is, he's not really one to tell stories. i don't know.

j

Well the best I have gotten for Grey Fox has been $55.00 and Coyotes have been $20.00 to $50.00 and with coyotes thats skinning only the best ones. So if he is good for him. I also ship all my furs.

AzTrapper

Tell him i will sale him yours for 80 and he can make 20 for handing them over. :lol:

Tell him i will sale him yours for 80 and he can make 20 for handing them over. :lol:

Heck tell him $50 then he can make a easy $50.00. In fact I'll take $40 each for coyotes and thats skinned ready to go so to speak. That's a win win for everyone except he will go broke....

Went to the fur sale here in Globe 2 weeks age and the dogs were going for $12.00 to $40.00 . fox $35.00 to $55.00 cats $285.00 to $350.00

Bruce

here are the prices from this years sale that i got from the president of the ATA.

Cat average $217.32 High $503.00

Coyote average $10.63 High $28.44

G Fox $38.15 high $41.05

Consigned Sold

459 Cats 443

382 Coyotes 256

668 G Fox 668

7 K Fox 2

3 Coon 3

1 Red Fox 1

3 Skunks 1

good info. thanks guys. i thought he was full of it. i proposed selling him my dogs for $50 so he could sell them and he opted not. so yeah. if it looks like it, and smells like it.

here are the prices from this years sale that i got from the president of the ATA.

Cat average $217.32 High $503.00

Coyote average $10.63 High $28.44

G Fox $38.15 high $41.05

Consigned Sold

459 Cats 443

382 Coyotes 256

668 G Fox 668

7 K Fox 2

3 Coon 3

1 Red Fox 1

3 Skunks 1

Those prices are not all that bad being a state auction with limited buyers coming. Do you know how many buyers came?

AzTrapper

AZTrapper,

what is your name? you frequent any other boards?

Clint Martin

Clint

My name is Bill Goodwin I also go to a couple of other forums, what about you?

I sent a little bobcat that I shot two years ago, shot him in the head with a 22.250 and that little cat brought $100 bucks, I sent it with a buddy down to Globe...I thought that wasn't too bad for a small headless cat.... $20 bucks for a fox that I pulled the D@mn tail off of as well......I was happy...