I just need someplace to complain and so here goes.

I recently purchased a keychain that is supposed to hold up to 56 digital photos. I paid a measley $20.00 for the item but just the same was expecting something that did what the picture on the front said it did.

I got it out at home, charged it up with my USB cable, loaded the pictures on it and now I can't get the dang thing to turn on once I disconnect it from the USB cable.

So, I call the 800 number for technical assistance and here is the gist of the phone conversation with a person that maybe has a chinese accent, japanese accent, I am not sure, I couldn't understand her very well, but this is basically how the conversation went:

Mam, I have a digital device for storing and viewing photos and I can’t get it to turn on.

Sir, did you charge the device using the USB cord provided

Yes

Sir, you need to plug the device back in to the USB cord and charge it for another 5 hours.

And what if it still doesn't work.

Sir, you then have 5 days to return the item to the place where you purchased it and either get a refund or trade for a new device.

I won't be to that store in the next 5 days.

Sir, you have one month to return the item to the place whre you purchased it and either get a refund or trade for a new device.

I won't be to that store in the next month.

Sir, you have one year to return the item to the place whre you purchased it and either get a refund or trade for a new device.

So, if I can't get this device to work, and I take it to the store I bought it from, I have taken it out of the package, downloaded pictures on it and tell them it doesn't work, they are going to give me a brand new device or my money back.

Sir, I am sure if you plug the device back into the USB cord and charge it for 5 hours, your device will work just fine.

So, they aren't going to give me a new device at the store where I purchased the device are they.

Sir, you can fill out a complaint card at that time and mail it to the manufacturer of the device, thank you and have a nice day sir.

I know how you feel. Last month I bought a new Dell Computer. I called the sales people several times before ordering, and always IMMDIATLEY reached friendly Americans in the US who could speak English and answer technical questions.

When I received the computer it was dead, would not power on. After waiting hours on hold, the only people that I could ever reach were people in Ecuador, Philippines, Malaysia, and India. These "customer support" people could only talk from a script, and it took me weeks to get authorization to ship the computer back.

Mark

The trick to getting somebody that is in America is to keep asking to speak to their supervisor and keep going up the chain of command until you get someone that has some authority and speaks English. This is usually only 2 or 3 people above whoever answers the first call on the other side of the world. It may take you a half hour, but that sure beats a week of frustration. ;)

I tried that every time. I never could get connected to anyone in the US. I do not think that Dell has ANY customer support in the US!

Mark

Probably won't apply to this situation, but I have found the ticket for customer service. I have Alltel and for the most part I'm pretty happy with them, however I had some technical questions the other day so I called customer service. After pushing 2 to get English I was assaulted with various options that had nothing to do with what I was trying to accomplish. This went on for awhile when I ran across the option to cancel service... Immediate Customer service and English to boot. So a few days later I need some paperwork regarding repaying my student loans. Call Sallie Mae, hit with the bombardment of options that I could see no one ever using, then I hear press 9 if you can't make your next payment. BOOM. Customer Service. Morale of the story, if they think you're jumping ship they will do all they can to save you. :P :lol: