MT_Sourdough

Current conditions - Perfect timing

Idgaf

great pics.

we went up to unit 8 friday night and came back this afternoon. one last trip before kid goes to boot monday.

Saw a ton of elk at night. jd dam dropped about 2 feet from what it looks like compared to 3 weeks ago, dry as shoot up there. and it was 88º in the pines. Was kinda nice sleeping weather last night 60 degrees, pulled cots out of truck set them on the ground and fell asleep.

Claudia was hoping to see some big bull frogs, snakes and lopes. couldnt find lopes but she found a huge butt Bullfrog about 5" wide 8-10 long sitting on the edge of the water. then we went and did that short hike around Sycamore falls. I never been there and hunted 8 since 82. matter of fact I never been north east of white horse. that falls area is cool as heck.  watched a couple do some repelling then Claudia saw 3 snakes swimming in one of the water holes at the bottom, unfortunately its was 100-150 feet straight down LOL.

kinda feel sorry for the kid all the times we go out hunting and fishing she has never seen a live snake in the wild(which is fine by me I hate snakes

Monsoon has been almost totally absent at this point in 19a.  Shouldn't effect antelope horn growth I believe.  There is still lots of food out there.

Anyways, just a heads up.  The goats are starting to herd up again.  Things will get fired up soon.