Sign in to follow this  
IHunt2live

Went Shed Hunting

BUT THEY WERE STILL ON THE BUCKS HEAD.

Being to early for whiteatils I thought I would try to find some mulie sheds. I want out monday and today. I would glas during prime time then walk around a bit. Only saw a few does on Monday and saw these whitetails, ones behind the bush, when I was driving out.

post-1770-1206124704_thumb.jpg

Today I glassed up 4 yotes and the biggest herd of mule deer I've ever seen. 14 does and 1 Buck. Heres a pic of the buck. Shot it through my spotting scope so thats why its so crapy. He looked like a big forky maybe had little 3rds. I watch them for about an hour just wishing for his antlers to drop. He even did a little rubbing on trees still they wouldn't come off.post-1770-1206124886_thumb.jpg

It's sure nice to get out and walk around the desert this time of year. I'm trying to take advatage of this time before it gets to hot.

Mike

interesting to see the mules still packing -- did you get a good look at those does to see if any had bloody stumps on top?

Tyson

interesting to see the mules still packing -- did you get a good look at those does to see if any had bloody stumps on top?

Tyson

No I realy couldn't get a great look at their heads but based on their size and all the youngsters that were with them I'm pretty sure they were does. I was looking as close as I could to there heads though. The buck I did see acted like he was in charge.

We were in 7 last year or the year before near the end of April and found 3 bucks running together with headgear still attached.