Sign in to follow this  
elwood

Annealing Machine

He said to just order any wheel kit and in the notes put that you want the wheels for the hornet case. Might be good to confirm via email/phone.

good luck and keep us posted. How were your fire forming loads looking?

Finally figured out a load where 18 out of 20 did not split. I still want to try annealing the rest beforehand and the more research I do the more I realize how much I "need" an annealing machine for myself. 

• Like 1

I did end up running a 6mm mandrel through the virgin hornet brass first, then a pass through the K Hornet FL sizer. That created a shoulder in the correct place and reduced the amount the body needed to expand. I'm hoping annealing will eliminate the extra steps so I can just load and shoot a regular Hornet load like everybody else seems to do.

• Like 2

Did you try a different brand of brass? I have 2 22K Hornets and never had any split neck issues, Never have annealed them either. Hornet brass is extremely thin, I use Remington and Winchester brass which may be softer than the Nosler.

Nosler is the only brand of brass I have tried and it seems it is harder than Remington or Winchester. What 40 gr bullet are you using in the top load that fits in the 77/22 mag?