Thanks for all your help on the unit 24b. I’m planning on going on an otc archery hunt this December 13-31.  But I’m not sure on what unit or gear I need. I’ve got my bow all set up shooting well, my range finder, binos. Anything else I need. Also any unit suggestions would be awesome. I have onX maps so I have a few places in mind. Anything helps though, thanks!

Early December will be pre-rut so glassing them in beds and sneaking in works really well. So think areas you can get into them quietly and good binos. End of December they start to rut. Sometimes sitting trails works well at this point. Think of spots you have seen does and watch wind reports for the day. Spot and stalk also works well this time of year but they will move sometimes before you get within bow range to follow a doe they are harassing. 

10 hours ago, 6AYoteHunter said:

Early December will be pre-rut so glassing them in beds and sneaking in works really well. So think areas you can get into them quietly and good binos. End of December they start to rut. Sometimes sitting trails works well at this point. Think of spots you have seen does and watch wind reports for the day. Spot and stalk also works well this time of year but they will move sometimes before you get within bow range to follow a doe they are harassing. 

Alright thanks!