Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Any reviews on the savage A17

My buddy has one that he put Bushnells A17 specific scope on. It does pretty well for a small round. 

• Like 1

i got mine last summer, so on the outside edge of your time window.

accuracy, like my bolt action 17hmr, is ammo lot dependant. That said i've seen performance pretty much on par with my 93 otherwise.

havent had any misfeed issues, my factory mag runs like a top. I even broke mine in with regular (non A17) ammo. no cycling issues or anything. 

i did however, immediately out of the box, put it on a Boyds thumbhole stock as the factory stock is the most awful thing i think i've ever held attached to a firearm. whoever designed that faux-pistol-grip palmswell thing needs to be slapped. twice. lol

i dont shoot either of my 17's much these days, but i've wanted a semi 17hmr since about 50 rounds after i got my 93. i'd probably use it more if it had the barrel threaded so i could put my can on it, but i've got other projects before i tinker with that. 

it also likely doesnt help that as a reloader my plinking 223 load (55gr vmax blems) is only a few cents more per round to load than HMR ammo is and i can shoot that suppressed.

• Like 1