my brother and i use a basic true ball trigger that has a nylon strap that is tightened to your wrist by tension. i dont know the name for it but it is by far the most comfortable one out there and it is cheap. You can pull it on or off your wrist without any problem and it has a string that ties through the trigger so it is out of the way.

Another vote for the scott mongoose!

+ 1

Roy

+ 2

If you get a Scott release or any release for that matter go with a buckle style wrist strap instead of a velcro strap. Buckles straps last much longer and are quieter. My .02 ;)

Manny

I have had a bunch of different releases, and my favorites are the Scott. I currently own the Shark, 2 Rhinos, and 2 little bitty goose releases. All shoot very good, and the warranty is great, it just takes a few weeks for repairs. As far a what style, the leather buckle type do wear out. I shoot all year long and shoot a lot of arrows a day, and the leather gets hard from sweat in the summer. The velcro wears out on the regular strap. It is really a matter of preference, I bought my last releases with the velcro because they dont get hard.

I shot a winn freeFlight for many years. Now I have a new bow and string loop. The Winn won't work and I'm trying different releases. I miss the Winn. Something will become my next sofa couch comfortable but i haven't found it yet. Then again I'm also working on getting the new mathews as comfortable as my old trusty split limb alpine... which took the place of my trusty High Country, Which took the place of my not so trusty Point Blank, which took the place of my trusty Hoyt. (still miss the hoyt, slow but accurate as all get out) I have till the end of summer... I'll get there. Tweaking a little here and there. Shoot, shoot, shoot more

Anyone have a 28" or 28 1/2" cam for a Mathews Drenalyn RH? I have a 29.

I have shot several and settled on Tru-Ball Copperhead.

An inexpensive way to try what works best for YOU is to visit www.ARCHERYTALK.com and shop their classified section. Thataway you are typically pay .50 on the dollar or less for slightly used stuff that looks/works like new.

find what feels best to you - then sell off that which aint pleasing.

good luck

Here is my favorite! They are not for everybody but I think there great. Some day younghunter will be big enough to shoot one. And yes I hunt with it also. But for a non-backtention release it's hard to beat a Mongoose or Little Goose.

post-1013-1209700258.jpg