Coach

Are the Crappie Running Again?

Was at San Carlos a few weeks ago and caught a bunch, but from what I've heard it really slowed down after that. Figured with this warmer weather they would get going again. I want to take the kids down there if the action is fast. Any reports?

it was SLOW when dad and I were there last, but the weather sucked big time... im talkig 3' swells and we got the champion compeletly out of the water a time or two!

Any reprt on Roosie as well. Wanting to go this weeked. We went to san carlos last weekend. it wasnt bad we picked up 20 in a full day of fishing. good luck.

I fished Roosevelt last weekend and crappie fishing is still slow. Only caught 1 crappie and 1 bass trolling. Leroy Price caught 10 earlier this week, so maybe things will pick up some in the next few weeks and hopefully the wind will die down.

KP

Weird that San Carlos crappie are almost done and Roosevelt have not started. Is that normal?

From what I hear from guys that fish both lakes a lot, that is normal. San Carlos peaks before Roosevelt. I don't fish either enough to know for sure though.

Amanda

Yeah, In my experience San Carlos usually gets started quite a bit earlier than Roosevelt. I have no idea why, though.

Yeah, In my experience San Carlos usually gets started quite a bit earlier than Roosevelt. I have no idea why, though.

Temperature. SC lake East end (Old San Carlos to Apache Pt.) is a shallow flat where many anglers target for crappie. The Max depth is anywhere from 10-15ft. Light penetration coupled with shallow depth's IMO is why it starts sooner for crappie.