Sign in to follow this  
Azarchery

Eibar Shotgun??

I am in a search for a shotgun and would like to get one before dove season in the fall. :) I currently have a 20 ga winchester pump action shotgun and I am not crazy about it. I am a big fan of side by side with double trigger. I have found several decent ones for sale but there is one sale that seems to be in a good shape with full and modified chokes. But I am not aware of the manufacture. It is a 12 ga side by side Eibar. Eibar shotgun are made in Spain. Does anyone have any experience with this manufacture? Positive or negative experience? Or do you have any feedback?? It would be greatly appreciated. :D Thanks!

Eibar is a city in Spain where there are several companies that make shotguns. You need to see whic company is making the gun. Some of the companies like AYA make top of the line shotguns, while other ones make less expensive ones. I have a rebuilt 16 ga. from one of the lesser known companies and it handles very nice, but it fell and broke the stock so I have not used it in a long while. ;)

I'd look at getting something that you can have repaired and get parts for.

Money saved up front does you no good if it breaks and you have no way to fix it.

I have a friend who bought a SKB O/U for $400 and it was a nice gun. Well two years ago a mechanism in the action broke and he's still waiting on parts as SKB doesn't have a US service center and the Canadian service center doesn't stock the parts for his model. If he'd have ponied up and bought a browning, beretta or ruger, he'd have had parts within a week and still have a gun that shoots.

Just a thought, but I'd look at shotguns that have service centers in the US and will most likely be established here in the future when you need them.

As for Spanish shotguns, they can be masterpieces ie: grulla, aya, etc. or pieces of junk. Terry Weiland wrote a book on spanish shotguns, maybe somebody here has a copy.

take care,

Schmitty