MMACFIVE

Worried about Barnes expansion...

This is from a 6.5x55 with 127gr Barnes LRX at 225 yards. MV 3025 fps. Impact velocity 2650 fps. 

This has been a the normal experience I’ve had from Barnes. Every thing from the original to the TSX, TTSX, and LRX. A rib was hit on entry and exited after almost 3”. 

We’ve also driven 120gr 7mm TTSX through a cow elk femur and found it in the neck. 

The LRX/TTSX is my goto bullet just in front of the Accubond. Yes I know they might be a little short on BC but most are good out to 750-900 yards. Or further than I prefer to shoot. 

BTW: I think Nukka the Goldendoodle was a good decoy!232B7A2C-C1F0-4FD5-A279-37A19FB71CE9.thumb.jpeg.6b30025902be14b19bdc966c6f6de64f.jpeg

B3BB782A-2C43-4ADF-A407-ABE64051368B.jpeg

I wish my swede would shoot those LRX's better. It hasn't liked the LRX's or Hornady GMX's I tried to feed it. Bergers though, it loves bergers...

5 minutes ago, Hoss50 said:

I wish my swede would shoot those LRX's better. It hasn't liked the LRX's or Hornady GMX's I tried to feed it. Bergers though, it loves bergers...

The gun  is a Forbes 24B with an extremely long freebore. It really only shoots done bullet well but it shoots it really well. We’ve kill a couple of bulls with the 127’s and a Creed the last couple of years. Also a couple of bulls with the LRX 129 gr .277.