Sign in to follow this  
Shawn

Boots for warm weather

Opinions on 6 inch warmer weather boots. Would like a non-gortex if could find them, not to stiff sole boot. I don't like really stiff soles. Boots I have used in the last few years, Lowa Renegades, Danner 6 inch pronghorns, Danner instigators and Meindl perfekt hikers. I have plantar fasciitis flare up from time to time. My feet liked the 6-inch Danner pronghorns the most, I've had several pairs over last 10 or 12 years but they don't make the 6 inch anymore. What does everybody recommend? Thanks 

For what you're asking for I would consider soloman quest 4d's. I have a pair and don't use them much anymore because they don't have enough support for what I do, but I wear them on occasion and they are extremely comfortable. They seem to meet alot of your needs minus the gore Tex. 

• Like 2

I got some crispi's love them, just got some landsend duck boots, love them. So warm

• Like 1

+ 1 for the Salomon Quest 4d. I just switched to this boot this fall and really liking it so far. I will say it has a wide toe box and that took a little getting used to, but it paid off on steep descents. These boots seemed to breathe well even though they are waterproof. The waterproof also held up great during this year's late rifle bull hunt in unit 8. I've had other boots in similar price range and I like these ones by far.

I also have a pair of U.A Valsetz that I wear on the range or dog hunting mid summer. This boot breathes extremely well but they don't last but a year. I believe they only come in black now too. (more of a tactical boot) It has a softer sole, similar to gym shoe, and me feet have paid the price hiking with them in my backyard. 

Hope this helps

• Like 2