Sign in to follow this  
AZ RANGER

found something

I went out Monday and today looking for sheds. Monday I had my 5 year old son Hunter tagging along. He had a blast hiking with me. We did not find any bone, but still had fun. I was suprised at how well he kept up. We only went about 1.5 mi. but it was very steep in some areas. post-363-1211938155_thumb.jpg

Today I went out by my self and hiked about 6 miles. I figured today would be the last day of sub 100 degree weather so I covered some low elevation areas where I saw some big bucks earlier in the year. I searched all morning in some good areas and found nothing. Finally as I got almost back to the truck I found what was left of a lion kill. Only found the front two legs and jaw bone. No head gear. A little furthur down I found a bedding area and searched every inch of it. I came up with these two small ones within about ten yards of each other, but not from the same buck. post-363-1211938698_thumb.jpg. All in all it was a good day, and I did'nt come home empty handed.

Nice finds... starting Jr. out early- 1.5 miles is good distance covered by the little guy.

Thanks for sharing the pics... Looks like you've found a good all around deer spot...

AzP&Y

Cool! and I'm glad to see future Antler addicts in the makeing. :)