Manamal

Dec 17th arch deer

I get to wait until Jan. but a couple of my friends have the Dec. 36b rifle hunt so at least I get to go along and be another set of eyes for them. I am anxiously awaiting the Jan. season though, seen a couple of BIG mulies the last couple of weekends.

I too will be waiting till January. Long wait since last January. However, I will be taking my nephew to unit 29 the 17th for five days. After that I will be helping my uncle in unit 23 on his late rifle hunt. Good luck.

Brian

I got out for the last bit of the afternoon today and saw 2 bucks. One was a decent low to mid 80's 3pt and the other deer was very big bodied but he was gettin through the trees and I couldn't make out what was atop his noggin. I'd like to say it was a non-typ 140" buck but it probably wasn't. I was out checking my salt lick and the cattle are tearing it up!! I hate them suckers!!!!! I hope they're out of there before the rut starts. I did find a cool shed and a kind that I've always wanted to find too. I've seen a few skulls with this before but have never been able to find a shed like it till today. It's got a two point frame with a big bladed eyeguard with two cheaters behind and on inside of the eyeguard. Pretty cool.

Josh Epperson

Whoops, here's the pic. Oh ya, and I saw 3 brand new scrapes during the hike also. I'm getting pumped!!!

Josh

post-3-1101788373.jpg

I had expected to miss the Archery hunt. Knee surgery on 12/9. The Doctor did some voodoo and I am already riding a stationary bike. I now believe I will be able to hunt late int eh archery hunt. I expect to head back to unit 36. How late does the rut generally last.

Couse and Mule if you know and i bet you do.

thanks

GN

Last year I saw rutting behavior on the very last day of January. It was a fast and furious and the middle of the month, but the bucks were still around the does.

What kind of knee surgery did you have? I have had 4. Two ACL replacements and two scopes. My first ACL was in June of '00 and I was hunting elk by September. My second ACL was in May of '03 and then had my knee scoped again on July 31, 2003 and I was able to hunt elk again in September, but that was really rough and frustrating. The knee was still pretty sore and weak.

My knee's have been scoped seperately the in the last eighteen months. They get sore but no swelling, good therapy really helps..2cents vml

I had my knee scoped this last June, I was riding my mountain bike 20+ miles in a week and a half and back to running 5 miles in about 2 1/2 weeks. I should've had it done a long time ago but I am a big wuss when it comes to seeing the doctor, the last time I saw a doctor before knee surgery they flew me into UMC in a helicopter!

Good luck to all this late season opener