Sign in to follow this  
EagleEye

Colorado OTC archery unit advice/changes

Anyone else see the archery hunt units around SW corner are not OTC this year? This sucks I had several hunt trips of data and spots in 74. I guess need to find a new unit any suggestions are appreciated. We will likely backpack in 2-3 miles on a trail and then hunt from there. Is it worth the drive to the northern units? Steamboat area or just focus units 80/81? Any thoughts?

I have never hunted SW Colorado but yes units 71/711 are now draw only. I’m not sure about 70. I’ve spent the past 5 years up there during the time around Memorial Day and just returned yesterday. Normally I see several hundred cows in the calving grounds near the cabin and this year I saw a total of 12 elk.
the numbers appear to be down. Maybe they haven’t moved in the area yet but from what I saw making them draw units are a good thing.  

3 hours ago, Ed67 said:

I have never hunted SW Colorado but yes units 71/711 are now draw only. I’m not sure about 70. I’ve spent the past 5 years up there during the time around Memorial Day and just returned yesterday. Normally I see several hundred cows in the calving grounds near the cabin and this year I saw a total of 12 elk.
the numbers appear to be down. Maybe they haven’t moved in the area yet but from what I saw making them draw units are a good thing.  

+1

c.png