Sign in to follow this  
Gut Pile

Rem 700 ADL .300 RUM stock suggestions

Hey guys, I have a Rem 700 ADL in .300RUM. Having a little trouble finding a stock for it. I really like the Magpul Hunter stocks, but from what I gather it wouldn't fit the Ultra Mag? Price range I'm looking for is the $250-280. Anybody have suggestions? Checked out stocky stocks, I think they have a thumbhole that would fit but no much else. The HC precision is not quite what I'm after. I prefer the flat grip style of the magpuls. Thanks

Any rem 700 long action stock will work. Your only hold back might be a stock with a magazine it might not like the larger rum cases width and long OAL. But other than that any ADL or BDL rem 700 stock should work. Gonna need some bottom metal if you go BDL

Also bell and Carlson, greyboe make some nice stocks in your price range. You will have alot more options if you convert to a BDL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SHOOTER said:

Any rem 700 long action stock will work. Your only hold back might be a stock with a magazine it might not like the larger rum cases width and long OAL. But other than that any ADL or BDL rem 700 stock should work. Gonna need some bottom metal if you go BDL

Also bell and Carlson, greyboe make some nice stocks in your price range. You will have alot more options if you convert to a BDL

Thanks Shooter. I think that's what I needed . Clarification that long action is long action and not dependent on caliber. Just starting to get into gun modification so really appreciate your insight. 👍

No problem. If you have anymore questions let me know. I have messed with a few ultra mag actions/builds.

• Like 1