Sign in to follow this  
Swivelhead

Roast Bison

Digging in a deep dark crevice of my chest freezer, found a roast, burger and a few steaks left from my sweethearts January 2019 bison hunt.  Thought we had used all of the meat some time ago.  Due to time constraints, we used Carl's Custom Meats in the Verde Valley to age & process the animal.  Normally, we process our game ourselves.  I feel obligated to plug Carls Custom Meats.  All the meat (including the burger) is free of freezer burn after 18 months.  The meat was well trimmed, wrapped in plastic then paper.  Never found hair, bone chips, etc in any of our packages.  I'd use them again without hesitation.

This roast was done on my BBQ, took it off @ 125 degrees and let it set.  Top tier table fare.

Bison Roast Med Rare.jpeg

• Like 2

Although I would have taken it off at 120. It looks dang good. I'm sure it was delicious. 

56 minutes ago, 25-06 said:

Although I would have taken it off at 120. It looks dang good. I'm sure it was delicious. 

I agree with 120.  Monitored internal temperature every 10 minutes.  Internal temp rose more than I expected during the last 10 minute span.