Sign in to follow this  
Steve123

M700 223AI Benchrest/varmint rifle /!!! NOW WITH a FFP scope!!!

DSC00117.thumb.JPG.3dc4c9a348e85725dd26992240761d1c.JPGDSC00118.thumb.JPG.19b48f4244115682e1228ceaa9cb69a6.JPG

Fantastic Prairie Dog rifle.

Trued Stainless action, 28" heavy varmint Benchmark 7 twist barrel, long throat set up for heavies. Set up as a single shot. 

Trigger is a Jewel set to 4oz, this model doesn't have a safety. 

Stock is a glass bedded Blue laminate wood benchrest stock with 3" wide flat forend bottom, adjustable cheek piece and LOP. Has a bipod stud for a Harris.

Comes with Talley 30mm rings.

100 formed brass close to half loaded with 75gr Hornady ELD. These are going 3003 fps and it's a light load. I think you could expect 5000 rounds of barrel life. ETA - Includes 223AI Lee dies, and a partial bag of 88gr ELDM bullets. I have another 450 88gr ELDM's for $100 extra if somebody wants them.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Factory 223 or 5,56 ammo can be shot in this rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Shoots very nice. I did just as well as friends with their 6.5Creed and 6.5 Saum on steel out to 1000Y with 88gr ELDM going 2814 fps one day. This rifle has such light recoil and sight picture upset and is very cheap to shoot. 

I live near Flagstaff and could meet in Cottonwood for a FTF.

$1050 for rifle. Or $1150 with a Athlon Talos BTR 4-14x44, that is if you buy it before I change my mind. 

How many rounds through it, how well did it shoot?  Also do you still have the extra springs for the trigger to raise it up to around 1.5 lbs? And what dies are you using to load would you be interested in throwing them in. Also would you be interested in selling the barreled action I don't particularly have any use for that stock.  Thanks!

On 6/20/2020 at 6:23 PM, williewyatt said:

How many rounds through it, how well did it shoot?  Also do you still have the extra springs for the trigger to raise it up to around 1.5 lbs? And what dies are you using to load would you be interested in throwing them in. Also would you be interested in selling the barreled action I don't particularly have any use for that stock.  Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply, I was out of town camping in a locale that didn't have phone reception. So much I forgot to mention about this gun??!! 

It's got less than 400 rounds through it and they were light loads. The rifle will come with Lee 223AI dies, these dies resize brass to this chamber perfectly too! I also have 35-ish loaded rounds of 75gr ELDM's that I will include.

I've shot a couple 5 shot groups at 100Y with all touching, and last time I shot at 785Y the vertical on steel was 4". It shoots great, almost as well as my 6mmBR, which is part of the reason I'm selling this 223AI, the ballistics are redundant between these two cartridges, I just don't need 223AI anymore.

I own the 20-221AI reamer and have a CZ527 that I use a lot so that's another reason I'm selling this rifle.

No I don't have the springs for the trigger. Jewel would send them real cheap I bet, maybe free.

I wouldn't have any use for the stock either so it needs to go as a whole rifle. Oh and the stock does have a Harris bipod stud on the bottom.

I'll lower the price to $1050.

You sure do have nice rifles.  That 40x and this one with everything that comes with it are priced right too.  I wish you luck.  I’m a lefty or would definitely buy both of them.

15 hours ago, Saguaro said:

You sure do have nice rifles.  That 40x and this one with everything that comes with it are priced right too.  I wish you luck.  I’m a lefty or would definitely buy both of them.

Thanks.

You should see the ones I'm keeping.

Okay so maybe I'll sell without the stock but make a good offer please.

Or how about I throw in a FFP Athlon Talos BTR 4-14x44 in mil for the full price of the rifle with stock/ $1150. $1250 with the bullets.

That's for a full custom rifle with a nice $330 scope. I don't know how you can beat a deal like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!