Sign in to follow this  
Hammnit

Maps???

Backcountry Pro on the phone and USGS quads. I laminate my quad maps at Wide World of Maps which makes them nearly indestructible and they fold up quite nicely after some creasing.  

12 hours ago, creed said:

Has it been updated since the first publication? The last time I looked at one there were many new catchments that weren't listed.

Probably not. There is more info on the NFS maps which show tanks and springs. It should be free.

Flatline maps. Just make sure you have the most recent version. I bought one from a local archery shop a few years ago before my 12AE hunt, and my buddy ordered one direct. My version was older and didn't have all the updated info. I was following my map and ended up on a road that didn't exist anymore. It dropped you down a nasty hill, and once i was down the hill the road was blocked. I made it back up the hill, but it wasn't fun. My buddies version of that map showed it marked impassable. 

12AE is an awesome hunt. Congrats on the tag. Scout as much as you can and be ready for anything. It can be warm, it can be cold, it can be snowing, etc. There are nice bucks to be had in 12AE, but don't expect them to be behind every bush. People make it sound like killing a nice buck is easy in 12A. That isn't true. I got lucky and dropped a nice buck opening morning, but we hunted hard for 5 more days to and my buddy ended up settling for a small fork horn, which was the first buck we had an opportunity at since opening day. When the gunshots start, the deer are very good at playing hide and seek. 

• Like 2