Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Unit 16 ML Muley

Hi all,

I was fortunate enough to draw a unit 16 muzzle-loader mule deer tag. I'm from Lakeside, AZ and this will be my first time hunting unit 16. I'll definately be making several scouting trips but it's one heck of a big unit, so I was hoping to get some ideas to help focus my scouting efforts.

Thanks,

Jason

Hey Jason, I drew a regular season 16 tag as well. I too would love some info. I have been told Coues live there as well. Any info would be great. I am from Cottonwood/Sedona area and won't get too many if any scouting trips in due to gas prices, so any info would be awesome.

Jason when is your muzzle hunt? I am Nov 1-4. If I see anything worth mentioning I will let you know.

Thanks

Is that the Sham-Wow guy?............. You'll say WOW everytime you use it!!!!

Yeah - Vince from ShamWow! - "...you following me camera guy?"

RoughCut, my hunt is at the very end of October so I may overlap with you.

You didnt get drawn with chris did you?

I'm not sure if you are asking me or RoughCut, but I put in solo - I don't know anyone named Chris that has the hunt (or anyone at all for that matter).

I'm not sure if you are asking me or RoughCut, but I put in solo - I don't know anyone named Chris that has the hunt (or anyone at all for that matter).

No it was for you.. I should of specified. I know a guy from that area who put in and got drawn for 16 as well.

I have hunted parts of Unit 16 for many years. The Coues deer are situated on the western portion of what is 16A with scattered pockets in the western portions of 16D. the wilderness unit 16B also has some whitetails but they are tough to find and the country is rough.

the mule deer are scattered throughout the unit but there are some nice bucks to be had. the Black powder season was much better before it was moved from late September to late October. Scout as much as possiable.

give me a call at 800-374-9221 and maybe I can help get you started.

Frank O.