HorseHunter

99-04 super duty stuff

On 11/2/2020 at 6:25 AM, CatfishKev said:

Let's see pics of the new stuff!

Gotnthensame running boards. They took a real beating on the youth hunt.   My new exhaust tip is now also shaped like an oval.

Time to start putting her back together again!

3968A811-D910-42AD-8653-5050C4E219A2.jpeg

24A3A75C-2233-4EF1-BBAF-6598F86E7AED.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/2/2020 at 9:08 AM, HorseHunter said:

New stuff is still in boxes. The scope of work is: mirrors, headlights, grill, drivers side new seat leather....errr plastic, cab brake light, 2020 CM SS Flatbed body, 2.8” block lift to front end, paint and body work to cab (same color). Did the tear down myself and will reassemble and install the flatbed here as well. Don’t want to lift too much cause I pull trailers and I like my gooseneck stock trailer to ride level. 
Do agree that these trucks look killer with a 6” lift. My rigs are typically more go than show. 
Below are a couple of before pics. 

ABD9A816-B204-4FB6-8BA7-5382CDF79EB1.jpeg

7B179D9D-3A86-48E8-8879-50A90E33A7D6.jpeg

F7DA9E05-F134-41CF-B7C3-21FC8307C512.jpeg

I have a 6.0 (same look) with flatbed and lifted. The lifts are easy on these trucks. Should think about it while your doing everything else. 

546A9C85-C5FA-4D2E-886F-805133B499E7.jpeg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

I have a 6.0 (same look) with flatbed and lifted. The lifts are easy on these trucks. Should think about it while your doing everything else. 

546A9C85-C5FA-4D2E-886F-805133B499E7.jpeg

Looks awesome! What tool box set up did you go with? 
I want to build a custom 2 or 3 hole dog box for road trips. thought of putting. Job box On mine. Yours Looks like your bed is a CM also.

I did get a 2.8” leveling (block) kit for the front. It’s in my stack of parts.
I have over load airbags in the rear. Since I tow a gooseneck stock trailer I want to keep it riding level. I do have some up and down adjustment in my coupler but only a couple inches to work with there.

21 minutes ago, HorseHunter said:

Looks awesome! What tool box set up did you go with? 
I want to build a custom 2 or 3 hole dog box for road trips. thought of putting. Job box On mine. Yours Looks like your bed is a CM also.

I did get a 2.8” leveling (block) kit for the front. It’s in my stack of parts.
I have over load airbags in the rear. Since I tow a gooseneck stock trailer I want to keep it riding level. I do have some up and down adjustment in my coupler but only a couple inches to work with there.

You’ll be fine with up to a 6 inch lift. I pull a Bison LQ 3 horse with it sometimes. Moved my coupler up all the way and it sits level. Even better with airbags. I don’t have a toolbox on this truck. Has a 150 gallon fuel tank on back and a yeti full of beer. 

3 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

One more thing check your rear receiver hitch. They don’t come with the best support for heavy loads of you bumper pull sometimes. I went in and welded some supports on it. 

I am installing it myself and did note that it needs to be attached to the frame for reinforcement. Was going to see if I can use my rear number brackets. And some grade 8 bolts.

26 minutes ago, HorseHunter said:

I am installing it myself and did note that it needs to be attached to the frame for reinforcement. Was going to see if I can use my rear number brackets. And some grade 8 bolts.

Grade bolts will be fine for that. 

Thought it was funny how you get a bad ace flatbed then would be scared to tow 10k with it because not much support on that receiver. Sounds like you got it figured out which is good. 

11 minutes ago, azbirdhunter88 said:

Thought it was funny how you get a bad ace flatbed then would be scared to tow 10k with it because not much support on that receiver. Sounds like you got it figured out which is good. 

For sure! I noticed how the geometry was on that “bumper” tow point (unsupported) as apposed to the bed attachment points and scratched my head. Had visions of pulling a stump and lifting the rear of the bed like a pop top can. 
Any idea what grade bed bolts are?

I ordered new ones Incase I could use them to install my 3/16” 2” and 2-1/2” square tube. I know what you are going to ask, and yes I am mounting 4 (not 3)of them perpendicular to the frame and bed channels for mounting purposes and after they are bolted to my p/u I will place the bed and secure it with some passes with 7018 rod.

I may have to lay it out then go shopping for some Grade 8 bolts unless I reuse some of the hardware I took of the bed hitch that probably has a certain amount of unknown metal fatigue. I’m leaning toward all new bolts.

Wish me luck!

5 minutes ago, HorseHunter said:

For sure! I noticed how the geometry was on that “bumper” tow point (unsupported) as apposed to the bed attachment points and scratched my head. Had visions of pulling a stump and lifting the rear of the bed like a pop top can. 
Any idea what grade bed bolts are?

I ordered new ones Incase I could use them to install my 3/16” 2” and 2-1/2” square tube. I know what you are going to ask, and yes I am mounting 4 (not 3)of them perpendicular to the frame and bed channels for mounting purposes and after they are bolted to my p/u I will place the bed and secure it with some passes with 7018 rod.

I may have to lay it out then go shopping for some Grade 8 bolts unless I reuse some of the hardware I took of the bed hitch that probably has a certain amount of unknown metal fatigue. I’m leaning toward all new bolts.

Wish me luck!

I did pretty much the same. Welded straps to the flatbed 2 on each side then set on frame. Ran bolts through the straps and frame. Then ran 7018. Have beat the chit out of that truck and it’s secure as heck. I used grade 8. 

• Like 1