Sign in to follow this  
flagstaff

bino/spotter gizmo

I think I finally figured out how to upload pictures (I am technically challenged - thanks Tyler for the advice).

Anyway, just wanted to show you guys my combination bino/spotter gizmo I put together some time ago. It works well. Cost $7 for the parts (wing nuts, galvanized angle, and all thread studs) from the hardware store. It weighs a whole 4 ounces. I know Jim White markets a similar gizmo, but his costs a few dollars more. My bino and spotter doesn't look at exactly the same spot, but so darn close, it isn't a real issue. The gizmo sure makes glassing more enjoyable - just turn your head to the spotter to closer inspect what you were looking at through your binos. If you are using a digiscoping adapter though, you have to have the spotter in the vertical position (not horizontal as shown in the photos). Thought this gizmo idea might help some of you this Fall. If you make one, bring extra wing nuts and studs in case you drop one after in the cracks of a rock and can't get them out during the "big" hunt (this is from personal experience). Hope the idea helps. Ted

post-2432-1216597698.jpg

post-2432-1216597709.jpg

post-2432-1216597718.jpg

post-2432-1216597726.jpg

post-2432-1216597735.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Not a bad idea at all.

TJ

Pretty sweet lookin rig, looks like you gave me an idea for a project this coming weekend!