Sign in to follow this  
scoutm

Ever see a Rattle Snake being eaten.....

maybe we outta kill him for killin a rattler :lol: :lol: just tryin to lighten it up around here with all the snake discourse

That's one nice snake there. (the one that's not gettin eatin) Is that a king snake eatin the rattler? I wish I had the snake that's eatin the rattler in my backyard! :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

thats why theyre called kingsnakes! thats either a desert king(splendida) or a mexican black kingsnake(nigritis). im leanin toward nigritis.

I think it is an Indigo snake.

I believe the two snakes sparky mentioned are a solid color, I wonder about the kingsnakes because they are constrictors and the indigo sort of beats them up from what I have heard or read, but it is not in AZ. Here are some kingsnakes

http://www.reptilesofaz.com/Snakes-Subpages/h-l-getula.html

Is the black one an Arizona black rattlesnake?

Thats not a coachwhip due to its body size/girth...prior to being full, and head shape. Ive had coachwhips, two california kings i have now, a mexican king and a 3 desert kings. Im leaning twards the mexican due to its almost totally black look but it could be a desert with less pattern, or white pattern. But in that case the photo would have to be taken in extreme southern arizona. Not all kings have bands, some have stripes, some are solid some a specked and phases are present in most sub species. Best bet is mexican/desert king depending on location of the photo, as previously guessed. Also FYI the Mexican, desert and california king are all subspecies of the common king. technically all common kings in that case so my guess is common king :P i win.

KGAINES is right it's an Indigo Snake. They're found back east, so far as I know there are none in Az. The rattlesnake appears to be a D-back so I would say probably taken around mid to east Texas somewheres. These pix are makin the rounds, a neat slideshow can be found at the June 25,2008 post http://texanareview.typepad.com/posts/

Ernest