Sign in to follow this  
CatfishKev

RV tank monitor and battery level system upgrade

can't help much on the tank level issue....

but my input on the batteries. I fabbed a two battery box and got  two deep cycle AGM batteries.  The important thing to remember is that  Even with deep cycles, once they get to zero, they dont really come back that well.  When i did my mod, i added a "frankenstien" battery disconnect. Theres lots of stuff that "doesnt have an off switch"  on the trailer. when i disconnect for storage, i disconnect the batteries.  I usually bring my trailer home a couple of days before a trip (from my inlaws) and plug it in to charge the batteries, fill water, and load up in general.  So far i havent had any problems.

I too am interested in this.. mainly for fresh and black tanks. Let me know if you find something that works please. I will check out the Seelevel one that was mentioned. Thanks. 

In my case it was not the sensors, however they are easy to replace. My issue was the circuit board in the camper which holds the buttons. I went and got another monitor and luckily it had an identical board and i just swapped the board out.  But when its the actual sensors it's an easy fix. Each tank will have a ground connection at the bottom then a low, mid and high level.  If you take a jumper from the ground on the tank and connect it to each other sensor and have someone push the button for that tank inside each ligjt should light up ad its connected via the jumper. If one dont work pull ot out and clean the tip. If that dont work go get another sensor for like $8.  You can upgrade those sensors in the black tank that have a plastic shield that sits over the sensor to stop dookie and tp from landing on it.  Its actually pretty simple as long as you can access the spots where the sensors are.