Sign in to follow this  
Lance

I hate Stupid People! LOOK NEW UPDATE!! MUST SEE!

I HATE Stupid People! Thieves Suck! And I'm watching you! :ph34r:

I hear over and over about people getting their Trail Cameras stolen and it makes me sooo mad!

This time it was me. Yes I know I took a chance when I placed one of my cams on a trick tank in unit 9. But I thought I'll just leave it for a week and there are only a couple of truck tracks in the area.... Surely people will be nice. It even says that on my camera "Please Be Nice".

Well I went and checked the cams and guess what. Someone Jacked with it! Turned it off, flipped it backwards. and stole my SD card! I left them a note saying "Camera and card thieves Suck, Do you really think you have to be this way? I feel sorry for you!" :(

I am a pretty mellow guy and am willing to forgive and forget. Right after I find out who you are! I tracked down the last people who thieved from me at gunpoint and they are in jail! I wasn't so forgiving then as I am now. But, being the lover of tracking that I am.... <_< :lol:

BTW! Thief.

I am watching You. :ph34r:

I know your boot tread, and your shoe size! Your approximate weight! The brand of tire on your truck! The size of tire on your truck! And due to the distance between your front tire and your back tire, And the spread of your tires compared to your tire size, I KNOW WHAT KIND OF TRUCK YOU DRIVE and weather you have a lift on that truck, or if you don't!!! That trick tank is miles from pavement and you leave an easy trail! I have placed trail cameras on the roads to see you on your way in and out! :ph34r:

The first few pictures on the cam are of my boy and I. So you should recognize us when you see us/we see you! He was excited, and now he is dashed with disbelief that a fellow hunter would do such a thing. :(

We will see you on the road out there, we will look you in the eye and you will know that we know who you are! (I already have an idea.) And when we see you, do you know what we will do? We will go about our lives knowing that you know, that we know what kind of person you are, and that we know we are better than that. Than you. I feel sorry for you. My son Prays for you. Maybe I'll follow his lead some day.

Or maybe I'll just post the GPS's of that tank on every site on the net and send it as well to every unit 9 tag holder this year! So everyone can find out what you are trying to hide! :P

To the rest of you.

Thanks for letting me vent!

LC

UPDATE Aug 8th

PS. Just received a letter in the mail with my SD card in it! This is what it said! This person needs to contact me at info@tlohunting.com Thank you!

Lance,

I went up to unit “_____” this weekend to check my game camera on the catchment near “_____” tank (I’ve had it out for almost 2 weeks). To my surprise, my camera was gone. Naturally I was pretty upset (camera cost $150 plus the $200 in gas to drive up there and hang it). I got to looking around and saw your camera in the same tree (but higher up). I assumed that you stole my camera and replaced it with your own. I hope that was not the case.

I climbed the tree and took your memory card out and put it into my camera to see what had been coming in. I decided to climb back up the tree, put your memory card back in your camera, turn it off, and spin it around against the tree to get back at you for taking my camera (since I did not want to steal yours). I put the memory card in my pocket and climbed the tree. I turned the camera off and spun it around against the tree. When I got home last night, I realized that your memory card was still in my pants pocket.

Today I looked at a couple of internet sites to try and see if I could figure out who Lance (LEC) was so I could return your card (even though I still believed you stole my camera in the first place). I found your posting on CWT.com. After reading your posting several times, I no longer think you stole my camera. There must have been a 3rd party involved between my camera being hung, and you placing your camera out there (I hope. Otherwise I’m the fool again!!!). Anyway, I clicked on your profile and followed the link to “timberland outfitters”. Hopefully you work for them and they will know who you are. Sorry about the card, but it wasn’t taken intentionally. I fully intended to put it back when I spun your camera around. Again, it was retaliation for my camera being stolen. Sorry, but I wasn’t really thinking straight after the bad news. dang thieves. That’s 3 cameras already.

Good luck with your hunt. I will steer clear of this water for you.

How is that for an end to the story? I am no longer the victim here. He is the one with the stolen camera :blink: Amazing! He needs to email me! info@tlohunting.com

Lance

hey lance tell us how you really feel!!! ;) no really i totally agree with you!! why cant other people just respect other people's property? i think it is BS and if i ever catch someone messing with mine i will tie them up and call you Lance!! you should work as the "trail camera thief bounty hunter"!!!! :D

Lance, I feel your frustration. I've yet to have one stolen but know it will happen. I just got a call from a friend of mine on his way back from Payson and he was mad as h*$$. Someone had stolen his trail cam and I know of a few people who know the spot but don't believe they would have done something like this. At least I hope not. If I ever catch a trail cam thief I will post his picture for all to see and that is a promise from me that I will keep. :angry:

TJ

water + camera= disappointment

I'll bet you there are people that go out on the weekends and do nothing but check every tank the area, looking for cams.

Guest 300ultramag.

I find it humorous that people get so worked up after having their cameras stolen.... it happens and ALWAYS on a water tank!

Thats typical :( it sucks. but IT HAPPENS everyone knows better to put a camera on a waterhole! but yet every one still does it................. do a late monday set and a thursday pick up. if not, kiss your camera when u hang it ,cause its GONE!

GRRRR I left my truck unlocked with my cell phone in it and somebody stole it! dang thieves. The thief probably steals trail cams also.

Why not hang a $100.00 bill near a waterhole/tank. Would u still be surprised then if u came back and it was gone. Anything with value out in the sticks gets stolen.PERIOD

I hope u catch em though! Bastards :angry: :angry: :angry:

Very well said Lance ;)

How do they sleep at night :(

good point on the sleeping part,because i know that i wouldn't sleep ;)

I hear over and over about people getting their Trail Cameras stolen and it makes me sooo mad!

This time it was me. Yes I know I took a chance when I placed one of my cams on a trick tank in unit 9. But I thought I'll just leave it for a week and there are only a couple of truck tracks in the area.... Surely people will be nice. It even says that on my camera "Please Be Nice".

Well I went and checked the cams and guess what. Someone Jacked with it! Turned it off, flipped it backwards. and stole my SD card! I left them a note saying "Camera and card thieves Suck, Do yo really think you have to be this way? I feel sorry for you!" :(

I am a pretty mellow guy and am willing to forgive and forget. Right after I find out who you are! I tracked down the last people who thieved from me at gunpoint and they are in jail! I wasn't so forgiving then as I am now. But, being the lover of tracking that I am.... <_< :lol:

BTW! Thief.

I know your boot tread, and your shoe size! Your approximate weight! The brand of tire on your truck! The size of tire on your truck! And due to the distance between your front tire and your back tire, And the spread of your tires compared to your tire size, I KNOW WHAT KIND OF TRUCK YOU DRIVE and weather you have a lift on that truck, or if you don't!!! That trick tank is miles from pavement and you leave an easy trail! I have placed trail cameras on the roads to see you on your way in and out! :ph34r:

The first few pictures on the cam are of my boy and I. So you should recognize us when you see us/we see you! He was excited, and now he is dashed with disbelief that a fellow hunter would do such a thing. :(

We will see you on the road out there, we will look you in the eye and you will know that we know who you are! (I already have an idea.) And when we see you, do you know what we will do? We will go about our lives knowing that you know, that we know what kind of person you are, and that we know we are better than that. Than you. I feel sorry for you. My son Prays for you. Maybe I'll follow his lead some day.

Or maybe I'll just post the GPS's of that tank on every site on the net and send it as well to every unit 9 tag holder this year! So everyone can find out what you are trying to hide! :P

To the rest of you.

LC

Let me guess this is how you looked when you found out. :angry: :angry: !!!!!!!!!!

Well I went and checked the cams and guess what. Someone Jacked with it! Turned it off, flipped it backwards. and stole my SD card! I left them a note saying "Camera and card thieves Suck, Do yo really think you have to be this way? I feel sorry for you!" :(

BTW! Thief.

To the rest of you.

LC

Let me guess this is how you looked when you found out. :angry: :angry: !!!!!!!!!!

Hahahahaaa! :lol: :lol: Thats cute, Thanks hunting girl!

Thanks to the rest of you also. it makes a difference to me to hear it! ;)

I know some people just accept it, and expect it, especially on a watter hole. I think that kind of accepting of it is just more promotion for those who are doing it. Don't accept it and don't stand for it. It is totally different that putting a 100. bill on the tree. Anyone who sees other peoples property and thinks $$$$ deserves the miserable life they are living and what God is going to give them latter! I don't think it's about money on a tree, I think it's about Hunting Spots and people thinking they have more right than someone else.

It is wrong! Thou shalt not steal! And I will always be upset and so should everyone else. Yes, I will be that much wiser next time, and the thief better be wiser as well Cause along with all with all you other guys, I will not except it. I don't promote violence but everyone will know who the thieves are!

Hmmm... Fake cam/electric shock box! If you show up and your box is all shot up you would at least know they got a shock that brought them to their knees! :lol: :lol: :P Put your orders in!

Lance

Sorry to hear about that......I had the same thing happen to me this year, but had a better than expected outcome.

I had placed a camera on a remote spring in some blacktail country here in Kali. When I returned two weeks later, I noticed someone had taken my card out of the camera and turned the camera off. I was pretty upset, but glad they didn't steal it. So, I put in another card, turned it on, and left. 5 days later I checked it again and opened it up. There was a note inside along with my original card AND a brand new 2gb card. The note basically said they didn't want to place another camera on the water and infringe, but wanted to see what came in. So they viewed my card and returned it two days later. The note also added that since they viewed the card, they turned it off to save battery life and gave his name and phone number to see if I was going to hunt it. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the note and ended up calling the guy after I viewed the deer on the card. Nothing real big but big enough for this guy. I told him to go ahead and hunt it and thanked him for the card.

I guess I could have been upset that he viewed my card in the first place.......but out here (CA), I was simply glad my camera was still there and not vandalized. Besides, I basically ended up with an extra card just for letting him view it. ;)

There was a note inside along with my original card AND a brand new 2gb card. The note basically said they didn't want to place another camera on the water and infringe, but wanted to see what came in. So they viewed my card and returned it two days later. The note also added that since they viewed the card, they turned it off to save battery life and gave his name and phone number to see if I was going to hunt it.

That is amazing! Although wrong to touch it in the first place

I still say you are much better off concealing your camera or mounting it high in a tree using climbing gear. If you are hunting pine areas, you can pull large sheets of ponderosa bark and make a sheath with just enough opening for lens and sensor - just bring a few long thin nails and a hammer.

OR make an "L"-shaped bracket at home out of conduit and hang your camera 15-20' above an area of interest. Attach a leafy branch or two and it wont be seen, nor is it likely the scum-suckers will have a climbing device to jack it!

if you are hunting a water source - use existing river bottom rocks and 'bury' the camera in rocks so only the lens and sensor are exposed - try it! it works.

Good luck and safe hunting to all!

Here is a new update to the story! :blink:

I just received this letter in the mail and my SD card was inside! :huh:

This is what the letter said....

Lance,

I went up to unit “_____” this weekend to check my game camera on the catchment near “_____” tank (I’ve had it out for almost 2 weeks). To my surprise, my camera was gone. Naturally I was pretty upset (camera cost $150 plus the $200 in gas to drive up there and hang it). I got to looking around and saw your camera in the same tree (but higher up). I assumed that you stole my camera and replaced it with your own. I hope that was not the case.

I climbed the tree and took your memory card out and put it into my camera to see what had been coming in. I decided to climb back up the tree, put your memory card back in your camera, turn it off, and spin it around against the tree to get back at you for taking my camera (since I did not want to steal yours). I put the memory card in my pocket and climbed the tree. I turned the camera off and spun it around against the tree. When I got home last night, I realized that your memory card was still in my pants pocket.

Today I looked at a couple of internet sites to try and see if I could figure out who Lance (LEC) was so I could return your card (even though I still believed you stole my camera in the first place). I found your posting on CWT.com. After reading your posting several times, I no longer think you stole my camera. There must have been a 3rd party involved between my camera being hung, and you placing your camera out there (I hope. Otherwise I’m the fool again!!!). Anyway, I clicked on your profile and followed the link to “timberland outfitters”. Hopefully you work for them and they will know who you are. Sorry about the card, but it wasn’t taken intentionally. I fully intended to put it back when I spun your camera around. Again, it was retaliation for my camera being stolen. Sorry, but I wasn’t really thinking straight after the bad news. dang thieves. That’s 3 cameras already.

Good luck with your hunt. I will steer clear of this water for you.

Holy Cow :blink: How is that for a story? I am no longer the victim here. He is the one with the stolen camera.

He needs to email me at info@tlohunting.com !!!! Please email me ! Thanks

Lance

Glad you got your card back Lance.

Hope he is telling the truth and not just telling a good story

Since he found your post and had the fear of you know who.

Oh! yea him too, but I meant you :P