Sign in to follow this  
NewlyMinted

WTB M3000 or A300 12g shotgun - found one ..thanks cwt

Hi, I’ve got a last minute chance to head to AR to tackle some no-bag-limit geese with a group, but only have an 870.

I’ve  been on the fence for a while at getting an M3000 or A300, so am really looking for that type of shotgun.

Anyone got one in their safe? Camo? Extended mag?

Thanks!

I’ve had a pile of berettas.  Love them.  Started with a 302 then a 390.  Then a few 391’s, 391 extremas and extrema 2’s and finally a couple a400 extremes and my last is an a400 light.  The a300 is an awesome gun.  It points and shoots totally different then a stoeger though.  I’ve had two Benelli’s and disliked the inertia operating system as well as they didn’t fit me at all.  That being said my brothers all shoot them and they fit them well.  I would say whichever fits you best would be what I’d go with.  The a300 will NOT take an extended magazine though, and will only hold 3+1 which is the primary reason I don’t own one.  Not sure on the stoeger.  Honestly if it’s just for this hunt I’d just pop the plug on your 870 and shoot it.  You’re familiar with it atleast.  You likely won’t shoot near as much as you think you will.  The banner snow goose hunts everyone sees in the videos are rare.  They don’t show pics and videos of the day to day when the birds don’t work and the shots are long and the piles are small but the flat truth is I bet I shoot 90% of my snow geese in 10% of my hunts and the other 90% of days are single digit days.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yotebuster said:

I’ve had a pile of berettas.  Love them.  Started with a 302 then a 390.  Then a few 391’s, 391 extremas and extrema 2’s and finally a couple a400 extremes and my last is an a400 light.  The a300 is an awesome gun.  It points and shoots totally different then a stoeger though.  I’ve had two Benelli’s and disliked the inertia operating system as well as they didn’t fit me at all.  That being said my brothers all shoot them and they fit them well.  I would say whichever fits you best would be what I’d go with.  The a300 will NOT take an extended magazine though, and will only hold 3+1 which is the primary reason I don’t own one.  Not sure on the stoeger.  Honestly if it’s just for this hunt I’d just pop the plug on your 870 and shoot it.  You’re familiar with it atleast.  You likely won’t shoot near as much as you think you will.  The banner snow goose hunts everyone sees in the videos are rare.  They don’t show pics and videos of the day to day when the birds don’t work and the shots are long and the piles are small but the flat truth is I bet I shoot 90% of my snow geese in 10% of my hunts and the other 90% of days are single digit days.  

Thanks! I’ve shot the A300 and it worked pretty well.. I haven’t had a chance to shoot the stoeger, but saw the extended mag options, and the cheaper price and was excited. 
‘I’ve thought about the 870, but wondered if we’d be lying down (‘not sure of the set-up) then it’d be a pain to cycle .. but maybe I also just wanted an extra gun ;).. probably the second. 

we’ve got 3 days and 6 guns, so hopefully it’ll be a good time! Any of those berettas burning a hole in the safe? 

3 minutes ago, NewlyMinted said:

Thanks! I’ve shot the A300 and it worked pretty well.. I haven’t had a chance to shoot the stoeger, but saw the extended mag options, and the cheaper price and was excited. 
‘I’ve thought about the 870, but wondered if we’d be lying down (‘not sure of the set-up) then it’d be a pain to cycle .. but maybe I also just wanted an extra gun ;).. probably the second. 

we’ve got 3 days and 6 guns, so hopefully it’ll be a good time! Any of those berettas burning a hole in the safe? 

Pumps are easy to run just like when upland hunting.  You’ll either be in layouts, back boards in whites or in a pit.  Any way you cut it you can pump just fine.  I’ve got a few berettas I’d sell but I’m up in ND so I’d have to ship them through an FFL to you.  Make sure you swing a stoeger first if you go that route.  

• Thanks 1