Sign in to follow this  
TommyJo

Perseverance?

Do you think we will have bases on the Moon and Mars in the next 20 years?
Or just exploration missions? Such as Curiosity, Perseverance, etc. Will space companies focus on launching satellites into orbit? Instead of fantastic resettlement missions.

In the next ten years I don’t see bases but I do think something on the moon is coming. Maybe international moon station. 
the interlinked satellite system is the new focus I think ,,,and as far as space travel it will be real soon that Civilians will start to take orbit flights for big cash. 
I don’t have data to back it up but I am pretty sure alot of important knowledge was gained for humanity as a result of space programs and science packages. It’s not too far off that the US will be using space to defend our country as well. 
this coming from someone who wants to be 95 percent off grid in the next 6 years. Much easier to do that with technology helping. 

It seems to me that such a phenomenon as private space, lunar and other stations may appear in the future. All countries want to be involved in the space race, but this requires money. Involving private companies seems like a good idea. It would be great if private space companies merged into corporations. Perhaps this is exactly what awaits us in the future.

I mean, how well researched is the rocket manufacturing process? Shouldn't companies share their technologies with each other for the common good of mankind? How much more efficient could space exploration be?
Of course, many private space companies do business with governments and the military. This can probably make their cooperation impossible.

On 3/4/2021 at 4:12 AM, TommyJo said:

It seems to me that such a phenomenon as private space, lunar and other stations may appear in the future. All countries want to be involved in the space race, but this requires money. Involving private companies seems like a good idea. It would be great if private space companies merged into corporations. Perhaps this is exactly what awaits us in the future.

"may appear in the future...."???   Ummm, the future is now.  There have been private companies involved for years now.

1 hour ago, TommyJo said:

I mean, how well researched is the rocket manufacturing process? Shouldn't companies share their technologies with each other for the common good of mankind? How much more efficient could space exploration be?
Of course, many private space companies do business with governments and the military. This can probably make their cooperation impossible.

You're not serious, are you?   We are literally in the midst of a global pandemic, and drug companies are in competition to develop and sell the most vaccines without sharing their info for the "good of mankind...".  Lame possibly, but true.  The intellectual property business (patents) is HUGE.  Freely sharing of info in big business rarely happens, if ever.

There is a reason they don't share info a lot of times,,, theres this thing called monkey see monkey do. If you don't take your own path you end up with two companies doing the same thing and not having the competition to take your own road and end up with two or three different ways and better ways. I see it all the time in manufacturing. Open source has its place but in development it is better to have the drive and competition so you don't stifle new ideas.

I can see for sure where the business on this vaccine can raise questions,,but several companies got there independently so that's a plus