Sign in to follow this  
TommyJo

Perseverance?

Have you seen the video of the landing? What do you think of this mission? Will they find traces of life? (It is worth remembering that the traces of life at best will be some kind of bacteria).
Will this speed up the process of colonizing the red planet?

https://spacenews.com/nasa-releases-video-of-perseverance-landing/

Watched about 4 hours of coverage so far. Pretty cool. Watched some info on the testing of a new way to make oxygen that is on board the rover. Something to upgrade how they do it now on the space station. 
I like ,,, or I guess not like to see how the views go on videos. Rover  lands on Mars equals 3000 views,,,, girl in bikini fishing equals 3 million views.  I see this as a major flaw with humans. Hopefully a few kids got to see and learn from this latest milestone. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Watched about 4 hours of coverage so far. Pretty cool. Watched some info on the testing of a new way to make oxygen that is on board the rover. Something to upgrade how they do it now on the space station. 
I like ,,, or I guess not like to see how the views go on videos. Rover  lands on Mars equals 3000 views,,,, girl in bikini fishing equals 3 million views.  I see this as a major flaw with humans. Hopefully a few kids got to see and learn from this latest milestone. 

can you post some pics?

of the girl in the bikini...not the space stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

It is truly amazing stuff to watch the vid and I applaud all who had anything to do with that remarkable achievement.  

I have a couple thoughts:

1) I think we have more pressing problems on earth that could use the billions and billions and billions and billions spent of this effort.

2) I can relate to a girl (can we even use that term now?) in a bikini a lot more than a trip to mars.  :D

Eddie

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, eddielasvegas said:

2) I can relate to a girl (can we even use that term now?) in a bikini a lot more than a trip to mars.  :D

Here you are. The resident idiot said you can borrow this one from his stable. Start relating. 😂

poledancee.gif.b6e7295882520c69b6872b049002a710.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trophyseeker said:

Here you are. The resident idiot said you can borrow this one from his stable. Start relating. 😂

You know me so well trophyseeker.  :D

If that is the only option, I'll go with Mary.

Eddie

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

I like ,,, or I guess not like to see how the views go on videos. Rover  lands on Mars equals 3000 views,,,, girl in bikini fishing equals 3 million views.  I see this as a major flaw with humans. Hopefully a few kids got to see and learn from this latest milestone

Hmm. Many videos get more views than the rover landing. And it doesn't just work with videos. If you start a thread about something like Kessler syndrome, you will get a couple of answers at best. If there is a discussion next to which beer tastes better, there will be a crowd.

Perseverance is cool. But just like many other things that we sent into space, it can remain space debris ...

Ill take a hottie fishing over a landing that cost too much money to achieve.  In reality we gain more on earth for money spent to solve local problems.

On 2/24/2021 at 11:30 AM, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

I wouldn't give up on humanity just yet. 

Between just 2 of the hundreds, if not thousands of video links and clips out there for Perseverance, the descent and landing has over 32,000,000 views while Luiza swimming in the river has only 1,000,000... 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

Between just 2 of the hundreds, if not thousands of video links and clips out there for Perseverance, the descent and landing has over 32,000,000 views while Luiza swimming in the river has only 1,000,000... 

I used to think that we were just sending things into space and not thinking about the consequences. I was pleasantly surprised by some of the new rules for using orbit. Companies now need to calculate collision risks before launching. It is interesting when we get to the point that it will be necessary to clear not only the Earth's orbit but other planets as well.
Or will we just launch rovers, lunar rovers, etc. with a self-destruct mode?

21 hours ago, Ohthatguy said:

Ya not giving up its just an irritant of mine, 

On 2/24/2021 at 12:26 PM, trophyseeker said:

Wrong video, it was supposed to be a bikini.......

On 2/24/2021 at 11:30 AM, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

And what does it matter if they send people to Mars and the people they end up sending is just like China Joe and heels up Harris?  

Not only would you be having to depend on them to survive on an unknown planet, but would have to listen to them talk the whole way on a spaceship! Not so interesting now!!!

I think we should spare no expense in helping liberals leave the planet earth. Then they can go play with their gender neutral Potato  heads in peace 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And what will they do there? There will be a lot of work to be done. For the settlers, the most important thing now is to learn how to grow food in those conditions.
By the way, food and flowers are already being grown on the ISS.