Sign in to follow this  
87lc

Hunting Dilemma

I reached a milestone age and decided to give myself a nice hunt. Will probably go for a guide. What would you do? I am debating between a black bear hunt or mt lion. I even think, what about a coues deer on the res? That might be my last choice. I'll post the same thread in the mt lion section. I have not gotten either one.

Depends on the budget.

Ive always wanted to the bear hunt on the White Mountain Rez.

A spot and stalk bear hunt in Idaho, Montana or Alaska is also fairly reasonable.

I would go with a good ol fashion dry ground lion hunt. Right here in the desert southwest. Riding mules on the hunt and steak and beans with good whiskey for dinner.

• Like 1

I did a dry ground lion hunt in southern AZ in March on horseback. Signed up for 5 days, but tagged on day 3. It was the most impressive hunt I have had, from the country you cover, the places you see that most won't, and ending in the sounds of hounds lit up on a track. I definatley would recommend it, find the right guys with the right dogs etc., and it will be the trip you are dreaming of. Other than the sore butt part. And the lion meat is fantastic as well.

I would go with a good ol fashion dry ground lion hunt. Right here in the desert southwest. Riding mules on the hunt and steak and beans with good whiskey for dinner.

+1