Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Swaro refurbishing - need some info

I know a lot of guys send their binos in to Swarovski for general maintenance/refurbishing. It seems some people pay nothing to have their glass fully inspected and reconditioned, while others have to pay. Can someone who has been through the process please explain A) how you go about it, and B - what to expect for charges?

I've got a pair of 15x56's slc I bought probably 20 years ago. They are considered "gray market" since I bought them from a European shop back when internet sales were just getting started. They actually have the black rubber coating which I rarely see. It seems all the US models have green coating. 

Anyway, I would like to send them in, but I'm not really sure where to start, and what to expect for cost. 

Any info from those of you who have gone through the process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Coach

I had a black pair built around 2006 and sent them back no problems. I've sent a few different pairs back for cleaning and maintenance and the only time I was charged was when I dropped them and actually broke glass. I believe I was charged $200. 

• Like 1

Contact Swaro USA/North America.  Give them the serial # of your optic.  If in fact grey market, Swaro N/A will tell you how to send to Europe for repairs.  The warranty coverage for grey market is not as robust as a North American warranty.  Either way, you'll discover for sure if you optic is grey market.  Just because it is black does not neccesarily mean it's grey market.

• Like 2

I sent a pair in earlier last year, they did refurb on them and only charged me for 1 scratched ocular, and replaced the other eye cup for free. Send them in and give them the serial #. I call them anyways when buying used glass and they can tell me the history etc... to make sure not stolen.

3 to 6 weeks, customer service can give you better time frames, but never has been very long. I'd send them in the off season when use is low.

• Like 1