Sign in to follow this  
Edge

ECM Search

39 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

Thanks for the hyper link. I checked into this company a while back and a lot of the reviews sucked. They will bill you a hefty test fee even if your unit isn't repairable. Some folk were having trouble getting their unit back. uhg.

One thing's for certain, I appreciate everyone trying to help out. It's tough looking outside and seeing the old war horse parked under a tree collecting bird crap and dust.

21 minutes ago, Edge said:

Thanks for the hyper link. I checked into this company a while back and a lot of the reviews sucked. They will bill you a hefty test fee even if your unit isn't repairable. Some folk were having trouble getting their unit back. uhg.

One thing's for certain, I appreciate everyone trying to help out. It's tough looking outside and seeing the old war horse parked under a tree collecting bird crap and dust.

I didn't actually look at any of the listings. So are you saying that were all for the same company? 

That link went to SIA electronics. Found G7 on EBay.yesterday gonna give em a try

I have been having trouble with my password,Edge,I don't know why it says I am a newbie with 2 posts.I sat with you in Tucson SCI banquet.I think I have one that I will give you.Call me

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Edge said:

That link went to SIA electronics. Found G7 on EBay.yesterday gonna give em a try

Hmmm. When I click the link, it brongs up a search page on ebay with listings for the one youre' looking for. 🤷‍♀️

1 minute ago, trophyseeker said:

Hmmm. When I click the link, it brongs up a search page on ebay with listings for the one youre' looking for. 🤷‍♀️

They list it but having it is another thing. If G7 can repair it, kudos to them. There's only 1 or 2 ecms on the page, used and a pig in a poke.

I've had pretty good luck buying stuff on eBay over the years. There is some consumer protection available, but I've never needed it. A couple years back, I bought a used ECM for my wife's SUV from a guy in Utah. It worked great up to the point we sold the vehicle two years later.  Anyway, good luck on your search. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rancher said:

I have been having trouble with my password,Edge,I don't know why it says I am a newbie with 2 posts.I sat with you in Tucson SCI banquet.I think I have one that I will give you.Call me

Hi Cliff, I'll call u shortly

34 minutes ago, TexasHunter said:

Most of the ecm rebuilds are garbage now so really do your homework on them before sending them out. 

Been that way awhile. My 04 Ford had two injection modules fry due to cheap construction.

Got an email from G7 computers this morning. I had sent the ECM in last week, they say it had a hardware failure. All repaired and back in the mail. Fingers crossed.

• Like 4