AzTrapper

Predator Hunting Contest

Just a note since I just looked into this for the Coues buck contest.....if you take money for the contest, then ALL the money must go back out as prizes.

Amanda

I agree that all money should go back to the hunters, I would like to see it pay out to 4th. place myself.

From what I read here are some things that are in common.

2-3 person teams

electronic calls allowed

we have a kitty for every team. payout down to the first 4 places. (50%-30%-20%-10%)

No 1/2 point rule for ruined fur.

anyone who doesn't want the fur profits go to CW ( who would be willing to skin and put up fur besides myself)

we do the hunt during cooler weather,

we plan it when there is not a big game hunt going on. (When would be good)

No road kills allowed

statewide hunt with central check in on Saturday and Sundaywhere would this be ideas)

point system for animals- what about coyotes 1 point- fox,badgers- 2 points- ringtails, raccoons, coati- 3 points- bobcats 4 points- bear and lion 5 points (if in season and legal)

At least one person on the team be a member of CW

I think that it all sounds good. I think that its going to be hard to nail down a time that everyone doen't have a hunt. We are going to just have to do the best we can and go from there. I think a Friday night checkin or online sign up and then a final checkin on Sunday from 7-10pm would work great. I have done alot of club hunts over the last few years and its a blast.

The point system sounds good, and it keeps it easy.

Are we going to allow coons to be hunted at night or are we going to keep it normal shooting hours?

I can help skin (tube is what i know)

Anything we are missing??

Well I think if someone wanted to hunt coons at night that should be ok as that is legal,

I like you check in ideas what you you think about a saturday night check in as well, so the animals taken on saturday wouldn't go bad. That way they will get skinned.

$15.00 per person, if have a two man team, $30.00, a 3 man team $45.00......last week of december.

It will get ugly if money is involved as far as payoff......the one over at Seligman had to bring in a method of checking to see if the body of the carcass had been frozen.......lots of weird stuff......KISS....keep it simple if you want it to be just for fun......

I think that $50.00 per team would be good, and not worry if it's a 2 or three man team. That would keep it easy and if say a team has 3 people and one person can only hunt one of two days it would be no big deal.

Time wise what about sometime between christmas and new years or aorund then. Isn't there a weekend about then without a draw hunt. I know some archery seasons start around then but don't they also run longer. I think a time with no draw hunt would be the best.

How about having it the last weekend in January? The archery javelina hunt will be over before then and the HAM and General hunts wont be until later.

Instead of having to drive to a check in location (gas isnt cheap) Why not just have honor system with pictures as proof? Is anyone afraid somebody from the CWT.com brotherin is going to try and rip them off?

Well....this is sounding very interesting. Just my two cents worth: I don't think a fox should be worth more points than a coyote, I think they should be the same. Foxes definately aren't harder to call than a coyote. Also, what about checking in atleast the last day? Another idea is all the money going back as payoffs, but trying to get somebody to donate some items that raffle tickets can be sold for? The money raised thru the raffle tickets could be a fundraiser for this great site! These are just some of my opinions from my experiences of doing these hunts. Let me know and I will be there as long as its not the first weekend of December- Entered in the World Championships that weekend.

Ok it looks like maybe the last week of Janurary or Feburary is a time without any hunts, Where would be a central check in area where we could all meet up at the end and also Saturday as well? It should be a area where we could camp out as well? and maybe have a cook out but at least have a fire and a BS session and do so skinning on Saturday as well.

As far as the Fox and coyote being the same points, It really doesn,t matter but I don't ever see as many fox as coyotes being taken so what does everyone think.

Well....this is sounding very interesting. Just my two cents worth: I don't think a fox should be worth more points than a coyote, I think they should be the same. Foxes definately aren't harder to call than a coyote. Also, what about checking in atleast the last day? Another idea is all the money going back as payoffs, but trying to get somebody to donate some items that raffle tickets can be sold for? The money raised thru the raffle tickets could be a fundraiser for this great site! These are just some of my opinions from my experiences of doing these hunts. Let me know and I will be there as long as its not the first weekend of December- Entered in the World Championships that weekend.

The raffle idea is a good idea but I think that this being the first Fur/Predator contest we should keep it as simple as we can, then if it's a hit due it again and let it grow at it's own speed. The first weekend of Dec. I agree is not a good time :)

As far as the check in, where do the majority live, or should I say planning on hunting, or taking part of this. Late Jan/Feb works for me, but I think sometime in that time frame there is a multi-club hunt going on in the state.

As far as the check in, where do the majority live, or should I say planning on hunting, or taking part of this. Late Jan/Feb works for me, but I think sometime in that time frame there is a multi-club hunt going on in the state.

I think that rings a bell with me the multi-club hunt- does anyone know when it is for sure?

I live outside of Sahuarita so that a little bit south how about some ideas?

The Multi Club Hunt was January 12, 2008. This year the date will be determined by the Arizona Predator Callers, this years winning club and host for 2009. It could be as late as November of this year before a date and location is set.

Bill

I wondering the same as Casey was....why bother with a central check-in site? Why not just say what you got and back it up with photos? I suppose it's nicer to meet everyone, but my guess is you can get more participation if people don't have to drive a long way to meet up.

perhaps have a checkin for those that can make it and yet not make it mandatory? Let others from far away use photos to "check-in".

Amanda