jamaro

My 2008 Antelope Hunt

Congrats on the archery goat and fantastic job on the write up. I really enjoyed the read!

Phil

WAY COOL!!

That is awesome Jason! I worked my butt off on this hunt and other than the great time I had I have nothing to show for it. I did video tape some sweet footage of a huge antelope herd hitting a wheel licker the night before opening day and of a herd of about 100+ elk that were in the meadow below my camp(want my son to see and hear it to fire him up for his elk tag) This hunt was about the same as my last antelope hunt, I loved every minute of it, but everytime I close my eyes I see an antelope buck busting me. I did not see any rut activity and actually watched lone does walk right past bucks without even a head turn! Let me tell you this there are some BIG bucks out there and they all are wondering who the fat guy with the fake antelope was :lol: . I never got closer than 80 yards, not comfortable past 60, I was at 55 yards for a milllisecond on a 16incher, but that was as he sprinted past chasing the doe that had just winded me thanks to a little wind swirl. I was in antelope every day and got stalks in every day, just ran out of grass or got busted. Saw one other vehicle, and they conveniently crapped right in the middle of the 2 track I was riding my 4 wheeler down(no it wasnt a red duramax) :blink: , good thing they used plenty of TP to mark the land mine. I also got to try out my new blind(primos vision) it was awesome , it has deception camo and the dang birds kept trying to land on the limbs and would fall off onto the ground(guess you had to be there) , oh and the cows really liked it. Good Job Jason!! ag

Dr. G....

Keep plugging away... I am sure you are going to stick a big one next year. I didn't see another hunter but I also think I was in some pretty marginal habitat... Next year I don't know if I am going to put in for Antelope or just go OTC Coues deer in AZ....

Take Care and thanks..

J

congrats!

J,

You gotta keep the streak going, put in for antelope archery next year and if you dont get drawn go to AZ, you can always hunt AZ late archery anyway(well for now). ag