Sign in to follow this  
Big Nasty

13B Early November Rifle

44 minutes ago, Toad said:

I knew this was going to be an outfitter post as soon as I saw “13b early November “

If I knew they wouldn’t catch me I’d try that late November/early December 13b hunt. 

• Like 2

On 7/5/2021 at 7:50 PM, Big Nasty said:

Dad drew a 13b Early November rifle tag.  Any recommendations on outfitter?  Cost not really a problem (dream hunt for him) so looking for best.

Congrats to your dad on the tag! I would go with Shadow Valley, because they’ve taken some amazing bucks. Probably a good thing he drew it this year even with antler growth down, next year the guides will have it much tougher without trail cams! Good luck to your dad should be a great hunt! 

• Like 2

So I had this tag two years ago and shot a very good buck.   I used Mossback with Chad and Tory.    They have a good outfit and would use them again.    Travis is also a great guy.    The Bundy's know the strip too.   

Here is what you need to understand and be aware of.    This hunt will have probably 500-750 people in the unit.    It is like a southern whitetail tag.    The amount of people is absolutely insane.   You will see 50-100 trucks a day full of guys.   By mid week about 75-90% of the people will be out of the unit.   The guides were working on killing one buck up there opening day and there were at least 30 trucks driving the roads looking for this buck.    The buck finally walked across the road around 10am and got hammered by the next guy that drove by.   Then the group all went looking for the next biggest buck in the unit.    This tag really is kind of a $hit show to be honest.   I'm glad I did it once but I'll never do it again.    I have been and will be putting in for the archery hunt.   It is a very different experience and I'm not excited about the mid November rifle experience again.   

• Like 4