Sign in to follow this  
SunDevil

32 goats

well I went out with blackdog again this last weekend for his archery goat hunt in unit 32. nothin hit the ground but a good weekend was had by the two of us. weather was a lot cooler this last weekend than the opener.

we went back Sat am to the spot we saw a big 2X2 mule deer last weekend. I immediately found one of the smaller bucks he was running with. after a few minutes I located the big 2X2 and then I found a bigger 4X4 that was running with it. blackdog went off in pursuit and was busted at about 50 yards without getting to fling any carbon. they were down in the bottom of a draw with a lot of thick mesquites. sure was a pretty buck. I almost had an unpleasant experience with a rattler when I was sneaking into a spot to get a closer and better visual on the bucks. man I hate snakes.

leapin' lizards - does anyone know what kind this one is?

post-268-1220334500.jpg

post-268-1220334506.jpg

here is one of the better goats blackdog was chasing around.

post-268-1220334587_thumb.jpg

post-268-1220334689_thumb.jpg

post-268-1220334699_thumb.jpg

Sunday evening was filled with a lot of rain which provided for an excellent sunset. if it was not a 10 it was at least a 9.

post-268-1220334707_thumb.jpg

there are 10 archery antelope tags in this unit. we met a guy who ended up being successful on this tough hunt. he finally harvested on the evening of his 9th straight day of hunting. he finally conected on his 3rd shot of the hunt.

Did the lizard do any pushups for you. They are funny lizards.

Chris,

How have you and Blackdog been hunting the antelope? Spot and stalk? Decoys? Fence crossing? Sitting water?

Looks like a Eurasian collared lizard- no limit ;)

I'm disappointed that there were no pics of flowers :(

Doug~RR