Sign in to follow this  
grey curse

Swarovski pure tripod adapter

What is everyone doing for adapters on the 12x pures.    Mine are shipping out this week and from what I see their are 3 options.  Swarovski rubber band, sing barrel clamp and outdoors stud.    Not a fan of Rubber band, heard Swarovski will not warranty after outdoorsman stud is installed and there is only about 1/8” of fine threads to tap too.   Not sure about single barrel clamp.    

I hadn't heard that. I used the Outdoorsmans and Swarovski screwed up by not making more threads in my opinion.

The screw in from the outdoorsmans works perfectly. 

Last I had heard it does not void warranty. 

Even if it does, it is removable. Remove it, out the cap back on, send it in.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Swarovski screwed up by not making more threads in my opinion.

Agreed. Swarovski’s bread and butter are bird watchers so tripod adapters aren’t at the top middle or even bottom of their list unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

Blue lock tite comes with the piece and is in the instructions for the adapter. 

So you installed the kit yourself.  Just makes me nervous, I’m an over tighter/snapper/thread stripping son of a gun.  Don’t want to lose my adapter a few miles in on a hunt ( my luck).  what is it torque to?  

25 minutes ago, grey curse said:

Agreed. Swarovski’s bread and butter are bird watchers so tripod adapters aren’t at the top middle or even bottom of their list unfortunately. 

So you installed the kit yourself.  Just makes me nervous, I’m an over tighter/snapper/thread stripping son of a gun.  Don’t want to lose my adapter a few miles in on a hunt ( my luck).  what is it torque to?  

The instructions list a certain number. I just went until snugh and trust the locktite to work.

I have no worries about it working. 

9 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

The instructions list a certain number. I just went until snugh and trust the locktite to work.

I have no worries about it working. 

The Outdoorsmans video says 20" #'s. I set my Fat Wrench to 18.

When I broke my ankle last year I had my EL's on my tripod and the legs were extended with it over my shoulder when I slipped and while walking and crashed and burned. I very seriously that the NL stud would survive that episode.

Outdoorsman stud here as well.  Really simple to install.  They have a video online that literally shows you EXACTLY how to install it.  As far as voiding the warranty, I am not worried, they allowed The Outdoorsman to press in a stud on my EL's and still warrantied them.  This is less intrusive and easily reversed if needed. 

On 8/8/2021 at 6:32 AM, PRDATR said:

The Outdoorsmans video says 20" #'s. I set my Fat Wrench to 18.

When I broke my ankle last year I had my EL's on my tripod and the legs were extended with it over my shoulder when I slipped and while walking and crashed and burned. I very seriously that the NL stud would survive that episode.

Thats why I always put my binos away. I am far too clumsy to ever walk with my $$$ binos that way. Sometimes I even impress myself with my clumsiness.