Firewater Forge

My last "Hawken" rifle acquisition.

I am looking for a "Hawken" rifle to replace all my others, I just want to have one. So, I want the Pedersoli but don't have an extra kidney laying around to get the money for it. I have had cheap Spanish guns that actually were quite good for what they are/were, one is 35 years old and has been shot many hundreds of times and still a good rifle. I am thinking a T/C might be a meeting point between higher quality and affordability.
What I am looking for here is advise on decent and affordable "Hawken" rifles and your experiences. Additionally, information on any weak points on the T/C would be helpful.
My appreciation in advance.

I bought the TC Hawken .54 on this sight for around $200. Took it hunting last fall as a backup but forgot to take those little canon balls too, so it remains unfired. I installed the enclosed ignition conversion so I could use 209s and Blackhorn.

Only difference between the TC Hawkens and the Renegade is furniture, brass patch compartment and an extra 2" on the barrel. Cheap wooden ramrod you're going to want to replace pronto.

Let's go shoot it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Edge said:

I bought the TC Hawken .54 on this sight for around $200. Took it hunting last fall as a backup but forgot to take those little canon balls too, so it remains unfired. I installed the enclosed ignition conversion so I could use 209s and Blackhorn.

Only difference between the TC Hawkens and the Renegade is furniture, brass patch compartment and an extra 2" on the barrel. Cheap wooden ramrod you're going to want to replace pronto.

Let's go shoot it.

Interested in hearing more about that 209 conversion. I have a 50 cal Renegade 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Edge said:

Let's go shoot it.

Gotta do that. Couple decades ago my Uncle somehow forgot the ramrod for the only BP gun we took on that trip. Not much decent ramrod wood in the forests around Flagstaff. Eventually found a dead blue spruce and fashoned a couple rods. I say a couple because we would only get a few shots before they broke. Forgetting the little cannon balls is understandable, but a ramrod?

6 hours ago, Edge said: