Huntin'AZ

Bipods

Anyone use a sling swivel attached bipod for your rifle. I was thinking of buying one and want to know what people think is the best option considering price/quality/functionality.

Thanks in advance.

I have used several different models all made by Harris . I like the longer models for hunting , the short ones work pretty good off a bench or table . Harris seems to be the most popular brand . Ive sometimes wondered if a monopod woudnt be almost as good in most hunting situations . In hurry up situations Ive used one leg of bipod to give me some support but better able to turn and follow game on the move .

Love the Harris. They are very expensive but worth it. I really like the swivel models.

Dad bought one of the cheaper ones a few years ago. If I recall correctly, it fell apart before the hunt was over and was a ROYAL PITA to get on the sling stud.

Harris has them all beat. Had one a loooong time and love it.

Harris has them all beat. Had one a loooong time and love it.

+1

Cannot go wrong with Harris

I was givin a harris bipod as a gift and the only thing I dont like about it is the height. I wish it was a little bit taller, but that has nothing to do with the construction on it.... those things rock!

+1 for harris! I have four of them, one bench rest, one solid, and two that are the swivel mounts which I think is a must have! I am 6'6 and I can sit on the ground and the scope is at the right hight so I am not hunched over the gun. I think its the 13.5 to 27" model. The swivel is great because you can be on rough uneven ground and still hold the gun level!

I have the Harris, cnat remember the length but it is the tallest one they offer. It's tough to lay prone and set up correctly, but while shooting from a sitting position it is absolutly AWSOME. They are worth the price tag!!