down2hunt

2021 Rut Activity

1 hour ago, PRDATR said:

Bulls still vocal? I have a friend up there with his 13 year old daughter and she has a cow tag camped near Stoneman. I'm heading up to help out.

Yeah I still hear them going up near William's in 7W. Almost hit one the other night chasing some cows across the highway. Nice 6x6. They are still bugling. Should snow this Tuesday so maybe that'll put it to a halt soon. Will be super windy on Monday with the cold front coming in too

3 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

Yeah I still hear them going up near William's in 7W. Almost hit one the other night chasing some cows across the highway. Nice 6x6. They are still bugling. Should snow this Tuesday so maybe that'll put it to a halt soon. Will be super windy on Monday with the cold front coming in too

Yeah the wind is coming in. It's a blessing in as much as it hides your noise and make stalking easier. On the other edge of the sword,, it makes them skittish and more alert because predators play it to their advantage.

Yesterday morning at 6am a spaced out dude was walking across the road, at least he was in the cross walk, and traffic was not moving on a light that was green for about 20 seconds. I was in the middle lane and a semi was stopped in the left lane. I just figured he was waiting for traffic to move. As I came up to the intersection this dude appeared walking/ strolling across the lane. 

Thank God one of us was paying attention. My tires squeeled a bit, he looked over and went on his snails pace. Sad. Looked like he was about 40 and was real complacent. Probably so high he could hunt doves with a rake.

• Like 1