I have an M77 tang safety 270 win I bought new in 1989.  Dug it out of the safe recently to work up a load as I had only ever shot it with factory ammo before I started reloading.   Started off intending to use 145 ELD-X or 140 Sierra GameChangers to take advantage of these newer projectiles.  Used a comparater to determine cbto and learned I couldn't get anywhere close to the lands with those long  bullets due to limits of the internal box mag.  Wound up just going with 130 grain Hornady Interlock seated to the cannelure which was right at coal in my Hornady manual.   Worked my way up with IMR 4831 and IMR 4350.  My rifle did best with 55.0 grains 4350-1" at 100.  After my brass was fire formed, I switched to neck sizing and using the Lee factory crimp die.  This brought my groups down to .75 inches.  Brass was once fired from mixed lots of factory ammo shot over several years out of this gun and my buddies M700 270.   I sorted out a selection of Winchester brass that was all +/- 2 grains in weight, FL sized,  trimmed, and started loading.    Only shot it to 400 so far but haven't missed a 10" steel yet to there using a Nikon BDC reticle.  

• Like 1

I don't have my 270 anymore.  But I have 4 brand new boxes of Nosler 270 brass if you want to buy.  I haven't put it up on classified yet.  Just to lazy to set it up