Sign in to follow this  
schmalts

another lope goes down

Congrats! Nice looking Montana antelope. Also looks like you were hunting in scenic country. Was this spot and stalk?

Doug~RR

It was a little spot and stalk, and a little bit of decoy

Congrats! Nice looking Montana antelope. Also looks like you were hunting in scenic country. Was this spot and stalk?

Doug~RR

It was a little spot and stalk, and a little bit of decoy

Congrats, very nice with a bow.

I gotta agree any antelope with a bow is a great achievement in my book. Congratulations!

I dropped one this weekend with a rifle in WY. I had a large heard spotted and was stalking to a rise about 300 yards from them to take a shot and my plans went down the tubes. A small buck was out on perimeter of the heard and was taking his walk right toward me. The darn thing just kept walking right at me and I had to drop him or he would have busted out in a few seconds I am sure and spooked everything for miles with him. Not like I was aiming for a trophy so one buck at 100 yards was easier than 1 at 300+. Really It seemed like a gift.

This is only my second one and the first was similar in the antelope was coming towards me, out in the open at less than 75yards!

Have 1 more doe antelope tag to fill then help family fill their 5 tags hopefully before elk season next month. GOOD luck on your elk in MT too!