Sign in to follow this  
MMACFIVE

My Daughters 13A hunt from years ago….

Awesome story. Thanks for sharing. 

My uncle had that tag a few years ago and we hunted a lot of the same canyons mentioned in this story. 

Incredibly frustrating to find sheep in that middle shelf and not be able to hunt them because there was no way to recover them. 

We got lucky and had a ram come out of those mid level cliffs and up to our level on top. Scored just over 157. 

It was hands down the most mentally challenging hunt I've ever been a part of. We never did see a sheep quite of the quality your daughter had... but Lord knows there are great sheep in there. 

Congrats!

I just saw this since I was on a sheep hunt with a life long friend  we probably saw 35-40 rams bigger then my daughters in 4 days of scouting and 2 days of hunting. He killed a mid 170’s

Congrats on getting a great ram. 

they have combined 13A, 12A, and 12BW and only have 1 tag now. The G&F said if that tag were turned back in they wouldn’t even  reissue it. 

The herd on the Colorado River through the Canyon is doing fantastic now where it was down 10 years ago. Hopefully some of those can help the 13A herd. 

im glad you enjoyed the story. It Was easily is my most memorable hunt. 

14000AF2-2E55-44FB-AA6B-902F35AC0908.jpeg

• Like 2