Matt Tanner

World Record Bull

I'm still suspicious of the spider bull. Can 500" bulls be legit? Maybe so. But if people are shootin bulls with roids, I hope it gets exposed.

Mike

If people have figured out how to shoot bulls with roids and get results like this, then trophy hunting as we know it is over.

There is a lot of Talk about how this bull was taken. it sounds like the guy Paid around 250K to get it done. I also read there is a shed form last year in a garage that will soon be making a appearance we will see. Its one awesome Bull and I think a lot of the bad mouthing is out of Jealousy, I am sure if there is any shady dealings it will come out there were way to many people involved in the hunt for it to remain a tight lipped secret for to long if Improper activities took place. and the people at B&C will do there due diligence and the bull will get its proper place on top of the record book or among some of the other amazing animals taken by cheating. I sure hope for the best.

Awesome bull! Congrats to Denny and his contribution to wildlife. It looks like the bull was in some open terrain, maybe that was his downfall?

I wish it was a DIY hunter as well and not the money train, and I'm not the biggest fan of Mossback, but why do people have to suspect a freak of nature? We should all stop being jealous, this is a well known and highly publicized bull for the last few months. Everyone in Utah knew about him. Bulls do grow this large, period. Its rare, but it happens and Utah if not AZ is probably one of the most likely states for it to happen. I haven't heard any suggestion that this bull is anything but a primarily public land bull. Congrats to the guides for finishing off a bull that nobody else could.

Even more congrats to the animal for eluding all the numerous hunters this year looking for him. What an amazing brute!

I can tell all of you that Mr. Austad is a very good person and hunts very hard for his trophy's--he hired Pronghorn Guide Service a few years ago and busted a dandy antelope buck and he hunted hard to get it done. He doesn't act like he has money and he is very nice person. Who cares if he paid a ton of money to shoot this bull--does it really make a difference?

I wish i had his money to do things i like to do but i don't--i do not hold hard feelings for people like him because he worked for his money--it was not given to him--he is not a shady character and he treats people very well that help him--he is a class act and he killed a class act bull!

Nuff said!

If the shipsy bull is the one I am thinking about, did he get busted for poaching prior to killing the bull, there fore making anything he kills unacceptable by B&C?

That's what I meant by a shady past.....

Amanda

Thats what I figured you meant, just wanted to flat out say it.

I can tell all of you that Mr. Austad is a very good person and hunts very hard for his trophy's--he hired Pronghorn Guide Service a few years ago and busted a dandy antelope buck and he hunted hard to get it done. He doesn't act like he has money and he is very nice person. Who cares if he paid a ton of money to shoot this bull--does it really make a difference?

I wish i had his money to do things i like to do but i don't--i do not hold hard feelings for people like him because he worked for his money--it was not given to him--he is not a shady character and he treats people very well that help him--he is a class act and he killed a class act bull!

Nuff said!

Terry said it all and that's all that needs to be said! What an amazing critter, sure sounds like a great guy gets to take him home! Congrats to all involved! JIM>

Congrats to the hunter on a super Bull!!!!!!! I still cannot believe the Growth on that Bull WOW!

Yeah Lark, you said something similar yesterday, someone else came back and said something nasty to you. I was actually writing in to agree with you and my post wouldn't take cause the string got nuked.

Kinda glad it did. You know, a lot of huntin has just turned into a flippin circus, but I don't believe there is anything that can be done about it. Folks have a right to make money and spend it on whatever they want. Guides are simply following their dreams in the free interprise system.

I was talking to some guys this morning about the big bull that got whacked in unit 10. The conversation was going the same way - money, guides, too much help, airplanes, etc. Then I looked up the pic on this site and saw the hunter was Randall Cramer. I like that guy; have met him and had lengthy conversations with him. I'm glad he got that elk. I'm glad he could afford the guides to insure a monster kill. I don't think any less of him because I know he's a heck of a hunter - way beyond my abilities. Made feel stupid about the stuff I was saying.

I think the only answer is to hunt when I can and make the most of it. A lot of the units (maybe all) ain't what they used to be because of the circus. Makes me wish times haven't changed so, but what I really gotta do is just be greatful for being one of the people that knows what it used to be and was able to experience it.

I'm still suspicious of the spider bull. Can 500" bulls be legit? Maybe so. But if people are shootin bulls with roids, I hope it gets exposed.

Mike

I agree with everything you said Mike and I appreciate the kind words about my uncle but just so noone gets the wrong idea there were only three people there on that particular hunt, Randy Bryant, John Mcclendon, and Randy.

Phil

As long as its a free ranging bull, taken by fair chase, that is all that matters. :) It is certainly a monster. Those big bulls must have some serious neck muscles to carry around all that bone.

Thanks Phil,

Just goes to show you how our imaginations get the best of us. I know your uncle is a heck of a hunter. I was hunting 10 for archery elk before it got popular and Randall was all over that stuff for deer, elk, and antelope long before that.

Congrats to him. That bull is well deserved.

Mike