Sign in to follow this  
idgaf

Playing hogan's alley.

Because of work issues I could only hunt today.  (Tucson engineers should never leave Pima county)   got a moderately time start getting to my parking spot a little after first light. A mile walk in and twenty minutes after setting I spot a herd. Make the perfect stalk get to 15 yards but couldn't tell which end to shot at.  I spooked the herd and took some random shots at the closest (10 or 12)   no blood 

Midday saw a herd driving to a water hole. 4 more misses. Quick readjustment of my sight at the waterhole. 

Evening worked the flats and a couple few mile walk. Decided to leave a little early than a quarter mile into the way back a large group breaks cover. I hope out walk the arroyo a bit and shoot the first one over 10 pounds. 

IMG_20220206_220841.thumb.jpg.5e98ff1ccf344d9e6cdb956d0d599f03.jpg

• Like 11

Better then me, I got to only hunt 1 day, got a shot off but pretty sure I missed. They don't seem to bleed much, maybe that bristly hair soaks it up. I laugh at the Hogan Alleys reference, as that is exactly what it becomes with us during the HAM hunts, lol!  We try like helll to sneak in, but once they are busted, its a shooting gallery despite our best efforts to be disciplined. We usually just walks flats, checking the washes and at some point turn up a herd.  Looks like your are using the same pistol as me. I love the open sights revolvers!!