screwystewy

Winchester Model70 300RUM

Location?

Scope specs?  Nikon 3x12x40 BDC?

Nice looking rifle.

Anybody know this "Newbie".

Not a newbie just not big on the forum thing gun just sits in the safe was my kids elk gun now we are on to bigger and better things…

located in north phx 

4-12x40 Nikon 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, screwystewy said:

Not a newbie just not big on the forum thing gun just sits in the safe was my kids elk gun now we are on to bigger and better things…

located in north phx 

4-12x40 Nikon 

I was going by your profile. It shows that you joined Dec 14, 2021 and shows you as a Newbie with 2 content counts. Not trying to offend you. I am considering the gun.

Do you know the approximate number of rounds down the barrel?

3 hours ago, Boarman03 said:

I was going by your profile. It shows that you joined Dec 14, 2021 and shows you as a Newbie with 2 content counts. Not trying to offend you. I am considering the gun.

Do you know the approximate number of rounds down the barrel?

Ya I just noticed that to….. was a member under this name years ago strange….

I would say 50-100 I got it from a buddy of mine on trade for some work years ago he never really used it my son was using it for elk hunts only rounds we have ever shot is the empty brass in the picture

I have the same rifle.  Definitely likes heavier bullets.  Mine shoots good.with 180 and up...shines in the 200's.  150...forget about it...all over the road.  But man does it hit like a train...knocked a huge body mulie on its butt and it never even twitched after that bullet hit.  DRT machine.

Load it with a 168 Barnes ttsx at max charge and see what it does.... Or a 150... Laser beam on late elk. Way to much for anything else here in Az.